Am I a good candidate for scar revision surgery? (photo)

I had exploratory and appendectomy surgery in 1968 at 3 months old. The scar is very indented and as I get older it is bothering me more.

Scar revision surgery

+1
Provided you are otherwise healthy, the scar displayed is indeed a good candidate for revision surgery. Typically a depressed scar of this nature is excised and all the proper related layers of the fat, fascia and skin re-approximated to make it smooth again. 

Although the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are considered permanent.
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter scar therapy products. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home.

Am I a good candidate for scar revision surgery?

+1
Absolutely! And health insurance "might" cover this deformity from childhood surgery. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions... 

Scar revision?

+1
It is difficult to see the scar because of the fold. It would be nice to have more information.  Are you considering a tummy tuck?  n

+1
The position of the scar sits right in a skin fold so it's a little hard to see in the picture from this distance.  Certainly most scars can be revised if they are indented or unsightly.  Certainly, the indentation can be exacerbated if there is excess fat surrounding it so make sure you are sticking to a healthy diet/exercise regimen to minimize abdominal fat.  That will help make it more obscure.  I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon with experience in scar management to help you out!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon