This Looks Like It is Only for Young People, What if You Are 69 Will Lipposonix Work For Abdomen?

I would like to have this done on my stomach but it seems this maybe only for youg people?

Liposonix works in all age groups

+2

I have a large number of patients in their 60's, 70's and older who have benefited from CoolSculpting for fat reduction.  Liposonix, also for non invasive fat reduction, seems to be just as effective and may in fact give a little skin tightening as well ( a real benefit to the more mature patient).  These procedures are very popular in every age category.  I say go for it!

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes! It can be done for you!

+1

Age is not a determining factor in selection of the appropriate cannula for the liposonix procedure. As long as one is not obese or have significant skin laxity and has realistic expectations about the fact that this is a mild body contouring procedure and not a means to weight loss, good results can be expected.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Ageism in medicine

+1

Limiting any medical or cosmetic procedure to an age group is in my opinion ageism, a common problem in medicine. I have many patients in their 60s and 70s who are in much better shape than someone younger. Our life expectancy is is growing longer and longer. It is not unreasonable to expect to live well past 100 years, so I have a great deal of difficulty denying a procedure to a patient who may live another 30-40 years.

What is important is your overall health,your medical history, the medications you take(if any), your diet, your exercise program, and the assessment by the physician as to your benefits and limitations with the procedure. 

Seek a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist who can assess your subcutaneous tissue, to help you determine whether or not a Liposonix treatment may benefit you. As with all medical procedures, there are no guarantees. However, Liposonix is a big breakthrough, and if you are a candidate, we wouldn't want you to miss out on this technology.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon