I would like for my nose to be symmetrical, I feel it's to wide at the tip: Am I a good candidate for a nose job? (Photo)

Wide tip

+1
If you look at the inside corners of your eyes and draw a line straight down, you may see that the alar width extends beyond the lines.  It is not from flaring but from a wide sill.  This can be corrected with sill excisions but the risks are scars in the area.  Refining the tip and dorsum may be sufficient without adding this additional procedure.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1
With only one picture it is difficult to answer your question but it appears that you could improve your nose significantly with a rhinoplasty.

Short answer is yes

+1
Rhinoplasty is the procedure that could help you, only after a consultation and examination, the details can be discussed. If tip refinement is required the best approach is the open procedure.
Be sure you choose a  plastic surgeon member of the American society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, this will assure you of board certification and specialization in cosmetic surgery

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I would like for my nose to be symmetrical, I feel it's to wide at the tip: Am I a good candidate for a nose job?

+1
A closed rhinoplasty can be used to refine the tip and the supratip area as well as narrow the bridge.  The alar base can be reduced as well. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Am I a good candidate for a nose job?

+1
In general, a rhinoplasty can refine the nasal tip and help restore symmetry to the nose. An in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist would be necessary to determine what you may benefit from with rhinoplasty surgery. When considering surgery, seek the advice of a surgeon with the following: Board certification, great credentials, a good amount of before and after photos showcasing his or her work, and great patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty for asymmetrical and wide tip

+1
Asymmetry of the nose is best addressed through cartilage grafting techniques such as a spreader graft to the concave side. The bulbous tip is best addressed with suture techniques the lower lateral cartilages to narrow and refine the nasal tip.  It is  important to make sure the nose is symmetrical.

The photo shows some asymmetry to the tip and base of the nose

+1
It is hard to assess just from one photo, but on initial inspection it seems that your tip is a bit asymmetrical (as is the nostril base).  I would address these concerns with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can guide you after an in-person examination.  Most likely there are options to make your nose look more symmetrical and proportioned.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job for asymmetric nasal tip

+1
Are you a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty? The best way to determine this would be through an in person consultation with your local plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. During your appointment it is important to  communicate your concerns with your surgeon to make sure that your expectations are being addressed. That way your surgeon will hopefully meet your goals. Thank you for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.
For additional information about rhinoplasty:

Gregory Park, MD

+1
Thank you for your question. Your concerns can certainly be addressed with a rhinoplasty. I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for a wide nasal tip

+1
A successful rhinoplasty depends on a number of issues including a good plan based on a keen understanding of nasal aesthetics.  Be sure to consult with a surgeon who sees yoru vision and knows how to get there.  

In you photo your nose seems wide both at the tip and the base.  The base is the overall width at the side of your nostrils.  I have found imaging to be helpful in sorting this out.  Narrowing just the tip may even accentuate the width at the base.  Be sure to ask you surgeon about these kind of things at a consultation.  Nothing beats a full exam and viewing the nose from all angles.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon