I would like for my nose to be symmetrical, I feel it's to wide at the tip: Am I a good candidate for a nose job? (Photo)

Wide tip - candidate for a rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you can benefit from a rhinoplasty that will provide you with great results satisfying the way you fancy your nose to look like. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with further details.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Wide tip

If you look at the inside corners of your eyes and draw a line straight down, you may see that the alar width extends beyond the lines.  It is not from flaring but from a wide sill.  This can be corrected with sill excisions but the risks are scars in the area.  Refining the tip and dorsum may be sufficient without adding this additional procedure.

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

With only one picture it is difficult to answer your question but it appears that you could improve your nose significantly with a rhinoplasty.

Short answer is yes

Rhinoplasty is the procedure that could help you, only after a consultation and examination, the details can be discussed. If tip refinement is required the best approach is the open procedure.
Be sure you choose a  plastic surgeon member of the American society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, this will assure you of board certification and specialization in cosmetic surgery

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I would like for my nose to be symmetrical, I feel it's to wide at the tip: Am I a good candidate for a nose job?

A closed rhinoplasty can be used to refine the tip and the supratip area as well as narrow the bridge.  The alar base can be reduced as well. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Am I a good candidate for a nose job?

In general, a rhinoplasty can refine the nasal tip and help restore symmetry to the nose. An in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist would be necessary to determine what you may benefit from with rhinoplasty surgery. When considering surgery, seek the advice of a surgeon with the following: Board certification, great credentials, a good amount of before and after photos showcasing his or her work, and great patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty for asymmetrical and wide tip

Asymmetry of the nose is best addressed through cartilage grafting techniques such as a spreader graft to the concave side. The bulbous tip is best addressed with suture techniques the lower lateral cartilages to narrow and refine the nasal tip.  It is  important to make sure the nose is symmetrical.

The photo shows some asymmetry to the tip and base of the nose

It is hard to assess just from one photo, but on initial inspection it seems that your tip is a bit asymmetrical (as is the nostril base).  I would address these concerns with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can guide you after an in-person examination.  Most likely there are options to make your nose look more symmetrical and proportioned.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job for asymmetric nasal tip

Are you a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty? The best way to determine this would be through an in person consultation with your local plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. During your appointment it is important to  communicate your concerns with your surgeon to make sure that your expectations are being addressed. That way your surgeon will hopefully meet your goals. Thank you for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.
For additional information about rhinoplasty:

Gregory Park, MD

Thank you for your question. Your concerns can certainly be addressed with a rhinoplasty. I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.