Finding a Doctor with expertise in replacing large implants with small ones? (photo)

I had a large implants placed 13 years ago... the Dr. did a great job, but made them larger than I wanted. I kept them because my husband likes them, but I'm sick of them getting in the way. They're starting to cause neck and shoulder problems as well. I'd like considerably smaller implants and I'd really like to avoid a lift. Thanks for any advice!

Replacing large implants with smaller ones.

+2
HI, I think that you will need to have some sort of tightening procedure if you wish to put smaller implants in; otherwise,, there is a good chance that you will have wrinkling and rippling without tightening the pocket. Also, you will lose projection as well and also, you will look flatter and less full without a tightening/ mastopexy. In order to do this, you will probably have "lollipop" types of incisions. Best, Dr. Rodgers

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Maximum projection with minimal implant

+1
Many women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars associated with the traditional technique. For that reason, a new technique has been developed called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without use of implants. Unfortunately, you have not told us the size of your implants or bra. Using this technique, you can remove your implants and achieve the size you had before or replace your implants with smaller ones. This technique maintains nipple sensation, the ability to breast feed and incisions are hidden at the areola-skin junction just like routine augmentations.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Seek 3 opinions in person from boarded PSs in your city/state to determine who you feel best with...//

Breast implant reduction

+1
I think that you need to go for an examination in person. It is difficult to say from the photos whether or not a lift can be avoided.  

Finding a Doctor with expertise in replacing large implants with small ones?

+1

This will depend upon a number of factors.  I would offer you two options - one to downsize and adjust the pocket if necessary.  The other would be to allow me to make the determination of the need for a breast lift on the table once the implants were downsized and the pockets were adjusted.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Down sizing

+1
Thank you for the photos but one would really need to do a complete examination before determining whether you would benefit from a lift and what type.  Many times creating a new pocket for smaller implants is all that may be neede.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Finding a breast implant/lift surgeon

+1
As we said in your previous post, the downsizing of the implant is straightforward, but the real artistry will come in handling whether you want/need a lift. That is where the biggest differences between surgeons will be seen so check multiple photos of the different doctor's lift and see whose are best.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS