I Would Like to Know Why I Ended Up with a Capsular Contracture.

I am 5 mths post op I had textured implants under the muscle and took 800 iu a day since my surgery what went wrong help. Thank you

Why Do You Have Capsular Contracture Around Your Breast Implants

There are many factors that can contribute to the formation of capsular contracture around breast implants. The most common are:

• Sub-clinical Infection-there are bacteria that can cause a mild infection that does not make the breast red or give you a fever, so it is not detected. This is a major cause of capsular contracture. This is why most surgeons use a careful sterile "no touch " technique when Breast Implants are inserted and many soak the Implants in an Antibiotic Solution and prescribe antibiotics during and after surgery
  • Excess bleeding during surgery- Excess blood in the pocket after surgery can encourage scar formation, and a capsular contracture is a scar.
  • Failure to do Breast Implant displacement exercises-by exercising and moving your implant around inside the pocket daily can stretch the normal scar and keep the implant mobile and soft.
  • A flu like illness soon after surgery-there is some evidence that a flu or other febrile illness soon after surgery can encourage capsular contracture
  • You are prone to develop capsular contracture-some women are naturally predisposed to form capsular contractue-there is no way I know of to predict this.
  • If you have a capsular contracture there is a 50% chance that you will form another one if revision and re augmentation is done.

Textured Breast Implants are the best implants to use to prevent capsular contracture. Ask your doctor about displacement exercises.