I'd Like to Get a Dorsal Hump Removal? (photo)

I'd like to get my hump removed so that it curves downward if possible. -Am I possible candidate? -How much will it cost in total (excluding travel and other things) -How long is recovery?

I'd Like to Get a Dorsal Hump Removal?

+2

The dorsal hump can be removed as you suggest through a closed rhinoplasty approach to minimize downtime.  You should look quite presentable at 1 to 2 weeks.  The cost may vary from $5000 to $10000.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I'd Like to Get a Dorsal Hump Removal?

+1

Although your photograph is not very clear I think hump removal can be performed without difficulty.  The fees for a dorsal hump removal will range from 6000 - 12000 dollars.  

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Removal of Dorsal Nasal Hump

+1

Removing the hump will improve the appearance your nose and bring it into proportion with the rest of your face. If there are any other nasal characteristics that you don't like, they should be fixed at the same time. 

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

+1

Dorsal hump removal is the most common  reason patients seek out a rhinoplasty procedure.  Once the hump has been removed, osteotomies will need to be performed to prevent an open roof. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available  on our website to give you an idea of what  your nose might look like after the surgery. Please see the link below for examples of dorsal hump removal in our practice. 

I'd Like to Get a Dorsal Hump Removal?

+1

Yes you are a candidate for rhinoplasty. fee range from $4,500 to $8,500. Healing from 3 weeks to a full years. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON examinations. 

Dorsal hump removal

+1

From the photograph it is difficult to tell if you would benefit from removing the dorsal hump or adding more material in the radix (the top part of the nose). You will need to ask your surgeon for which approach is better. The general cost of this surgery will be around $5k to $8k and should include all fees. Regards, Dr. J Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Question: Dorsal Hump Removal

+1

A dorsal hump removal is a reasonable request.  Generally speaking, this may be performed by a closed rhinoplasty (all incisions within the nose itself).  Closed rhinoplasty is advantageous, in that there is (by definition) less manipulation of the nose's soft tissue envelope.  Extensive knowledge of the intranasal anatomy is critical. 

There is a "cast" on the nose which typically stays in place for about a week. 

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Andy Shah MD 

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon