I would like to get other doctors' opinions about my tummy tuck results. 4 days post (photos)

I'm 5'2, 128 lbs pre sx. I am petite & wanted my pre-mommy stomach & tiny waist back. Tues 3/11/14 I got full TT, w/ medial thigh lipo,some flank & back lipo. I'm concerned abt my shape-it looks like I'm square now-no waist definition & my lower back/side view is thicker than before! I'm also not as tiny as I'd have liked- side view I'd have liked my stomach to be completely flat & even(its got uneven lumps now). Is the way I look now due to swelling & do you expect I'll get the results I want?

Tummy Tuck result

+1
Thank you for your question and for sending photos. Hopefully you'll be reassured by the surgeons who have answered your question that it is far too early to judge the result. Most of us wait at least 6 to 8 month before doing a critical evaluation. I wait at least six months before taking post-operative photos. Looking at your early photos I would say you are going to have a very nice change. Please be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep all of the post-operative visits. Best wishes.

Early result after TT

+1
I agree with the other surgeons. It is very early to know how your result will be. Patience is key and close follow up with your surgeon. There is a fair amount of swelling that will take time to resolve. Your final result can take up to 3-6 months to stabilize. Good luck to you. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Early post operative period after tummy tuck

+1
Dear Caroline,
At 4 days out, you are too early to try and evaluate the final results. There is a lot of swelling after a tummy tuck and liposuction.   It will take 3-6 months for the swelling to mostly subside, but it can take a full year for it to completely resolve. Unfortunately, all you can do is be patient and wait at least 6 months before trying to evaluate the results.  Best of luck. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Looks like a nice job

+1
It looks to me like your surgeon did a good job. Nice low scar placement, lipo love handles and he no doubt plicated and tightened your abdominal muscles, nice belly button and no obvious healing problems. You are early postop when things are the most swollen and bruised. You'll have to be patient as you will have swelling requiring a compressive garment for 6 or so weeks, and the healing continues for up to a year . . . Keep your spirits up as you go through the early postop healing period, you will be enjoying your rejuvenated figure in a few weeks time. Hang in there  . . .

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck results

+1
Caroline,
It is way too soon to make any judgments about the results of your surgery.  With all the work that you had done, there will certainly be significant swelling.  Be patient.  It looks like your surgeon did a nice job.  This will become more apparent in the weeks ahead as the swelling subsides. 
Dr. Douglas Hargrave

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon