Does it look like I have a deviated septum? Would you recommend rhinoplasty?

the bump on the bridge of my nose was not there when I was younger, how did it develop to how it is today? is it likely I have a deviated septum based on these pictures? would anyone recommend a rhinoplasty based off of these pictures? is my nose shape common for those looking to receive a rhinoplasty? thanks!

+1
Following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without seeing photos and without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
    I would have to see pictures or examine you to really provide you with any advice on this.

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty are 2 completely separate operations

+1
A septoplasty is performed for  cartilage and bone that is obstructing air flow in the back of the nose and has no bearing on the cosmetic appearance of the nose. A septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance once medical necessity has been documented.
A rhinoplasty is performed to remove the nasal bump, which is composed of both bone and cartilage.   Once the bump is removed, osteotomies of the nasal bones are most likely required to close an open roof deformity. Other cosmetic alterations to the nose can also be performed such as a alar-plasty, tip rhinoplasty and a columellar plasty, if needed. The rhinoplasty procedure needs to be paid for by the patient.
Both a septoplasty and a rhinoplasty can be performed under one anesthetic with one recovery time period. For  many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Deviated nose with a bump.

+1
Deviated nose with a bump can be improved and your airway made better with a rhinoplasty.  Face forward and profile photos are preferred.  

+1
I don't see any photos attached to your post. Assessing a deviated septum would require looking inside the nose and isn't visible externally. Regarding the development of a bump on your bridge this could have resulted from trauma or might just be the way your nose has developed. Regardless of the cause, rhinoplasty is the only option to reduce a bump on the nasal bridge. Though, in some cases, fillers can be used to camouflage a bump and reduce it's prominence. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What does a deviated septum look like

+1
The septum is inside the nose where ordinarily it is not seen, though for some the deviation is present all the way down to the columella under the nose, and from the 'worms eye' view it might be seen narrowing one nostril. The deviation in the septum might also be reflected in the bridge of the nose and contribute to a twist of the nose from one side to the other.