Does It Look Like I Have a Collapsed Nasal Valve? Will Fixing It Improve the Asymmetry I Have? (photo)

I had a Rhinoplasty 3 years ago to remove a big dorsal hump. Apparently this is the prime cause of a collapsed nasal valve. My breathing is not great, and when i pull my cheeks outward or lift my tip up, my breathing improves. I have been told I have an under projected nose that lacks definition and no proper tip. Would a Spreader Graft fix the asymmetry i have, in addition to help my breathing? Do I need a cartilage graft to lift my tip? Im trying to kill two birds with one stone if you like.

Nasal Valve

+1

Your Internal Nasal Valve area is the rate limiting anatomical region of your nasal airway that is best understood and reconstructed by an experienced Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon.  You should expect a full evaluation and explanation by your chosen surgeon.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Collapsed nose

+1

You will need a consultation for diagnosing your breathing problem, and more photos would be helpful. From photo you submitted you have a saddle nose deformity from the bridge reduction. That is usually associated with internal valve collapse. You also have a n amorphous nasal tip and unsightly scars from alar base reduction.

Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Collapsed nasal valves

+1

After rhinoplasty, airway problems can arise.  From a photograph, it is difficult to say if the valve is working or not.  I would recommend a trip to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a full examination.  Treatment can include cartilage grafting or rearrangement of the cartilage that is there already.

Jay Calvert, MD

Breathing Problems after Rhinoplasty

+1

You do have asymmetry and collapse on the left side of your nose but from your picture I cannot tell if the internal valve is involved. Your question can be answered after an examination by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Collapsed Nasal Valve?

+1

From the photo you sent, I don't think you have a collapsed valve. It looks like you are pointing to an area above the nostril, on the side of the nose. The internal valve is closer to the bridge and the external valve is basically the nostril itself. The sidewall can sometimes be weak and contribute to breathing difficulty but you can't really tell this from a photo. Go get some consultations and examinations.

Ronald Schuster, MD