I'm 4 months post capsulorrhaphy & I went from 420cc saline to 475cc silicone. Does this look like capsular contracture? (photo)

I'm 4 months post capsulorrhaphy and I went from 420cc saline to 475cc silicone. My breasts are high, very defined and I think I have capsular contracture. My PS, on two occasions, has pushed my implants up by applying a great deal of pressure until I heard a snap, to "open up the pockets". Given the photos, does this look like capsular contracture or could this be from the pocket reduction and larger implants? Will this improve with time? Thank you.

Breast Shape and Feel After Capsullorhaphy

+1
It is not unusual for the breasts to feel firmer and appear more rounded after a capsullorhaphy.  If your surgeon really modified the pockets internally, then it can take quiet awhile for the breasts to relax and soften up again.  This process can take anywhere from 3-6 months.  Without examining you, it is impossible to say whether it is the normal healing process, or whether you are developing capsular contracture.  If you are not massaging the breasts, then I would call your surgeon's office and ask them if it is ok to aggressively massage them.  If you get to 6 months and they have not changed, I would then talk to your surgeon about the next step.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Capsule formation?

+1

If you think you are developing capsules, then you should start on a medication called Singulair (generic Montulakast) 10 mg every day for 3 months, Vitamine E 2,000 IU every day for 3 months and start on a vigourous breast implant massage program.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon