I would like to know that does Botox reduces the wrinkles permanently or for some years?

Botox is temporary

+1

Botox is a temporary treatment that lasts 3-4 months on average. It paralyzes the muscles in the area it is injected causing the wrinkles to disappear. When looking to have treatment with Botox, I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Botox lasts about 3 to 4 months

+1

The effects of Botox are not permanent and last for 3 to 4 months. Botox relaxes the muscle movement that causes lines and wrinkles. It diminishes lines and helps prevent further lines.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and Fine Line Reduction

+1

As much as I’d like to say Botox is a permanent fix for wrinkles, sadly, it is not. Even though it isn’t a permanent fix it does an excellent job of reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Botox typically lasts on average from three to four months depending on how often you receive treatment. Generally, the more consistent you are with getting your injectable treatments, the less frequently you’ll need to get them because the results tend to last longer. For patients who prefer a more permanent or longer lasting result in our office we would suggest a surgical treatment.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Botox Last

+1

BOTOX® Cosmetic is a natural, purified protein that relaxes muscles by blocking nerve impulses which results in smooth skin with much less wrinkling. Botox injections help smooth the lines on the forehead as well as the wrinkles that form at the corners of your eyes. You will notice the full effect after one week and the injection should last 3
to 4 months. It is not a permanent solution. If you have regular botox injections you will
prevent lines and wrinkles from forming in the areas that have been injected.

Frank Lista, MD

+1

Botox is not permanent and lasts up to 3-4 months, you would have to continue treatments to maintain the effects but its also a great way to prevent future lines and wrinkles

Botox lasts about 3-4 months in most people

+1

Botox lasts about 3-4 months in most people. If you like the effect and want to continue you would need repeat treatments at about 3-4 months to maintain the effect. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Does Not Last Years

+1

The effects of Botox typically last 3-4 months. You would need to repeat the treatment if you are looking for long-term effects. Similar products, including Dysport and Xeomin, also last about the same amount of time.

Gregory Nikolaidis, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

How long do the effects of Botox last

+1

The results of Botox are not permanent - ever. Nor does it last for years. All neuromodulators - Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport - are temporary and the results typically last 3-6 months. After that, you would need to repeat the treatment.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Does Botox reduce wrinkles permanently?

+1

Botox treatments typically can last about 3-6 months before the effect wears off. So, Botox treatments would need to be repeated every 3-6 months in order to maintain the effect it produces.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon