I Would Like to Go Bigger. How long Do I Have to Wait?

I've 500 cc mod silicone implants, but I'm 5'7 and 225lbs. I would like to go bigger. Had BA in Dec 12. How long do I have to wait?

Breast implant revision

+2

A revision of breast implants should probably wait a  3-4 months to that the tissues are healed and soft.

Waiting to Upsize Breast Implants

+2

Implants over the course of time do expand the tissues to some extent, and your plastic surgeon will have a better sense of that based upon physical exam.  I typically recommend waiting at least 3 months to allow the implant to drop and get an idea of breast shape prior to proceeding with additional surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Going Bigger after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question. Assuming you have carefully weighed your decision about proceeding with additional surgery,  including the potential risk/complications associated with additional surgery,  there is no specific time period  to wait prior to proceeding. Of course, your plastic surgeon may have his/her recommendations based on personal preference and/or experience.

In my practice, much will depend on your physical examination ( for example the degree of breast skin pliability). Also, I would ask that you communicate your goals carefully in regards to what you are trying to achieve. I find the use of goal pictures helpful in this regard.

How long should you wait?

+1

Hello. There is no specific guideline to go off of  it depends more on when you are positive that the size you received is too small. That being said I would usually say it is best to give implants at least a year before going larger. It gives tissues time to fully heal as well as make it easier for your body to accommodate the new larger implant do to your body’s adjustment to the first set of implants.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Timing of Breast Implant Exchange

+1

You only need to wait long enough until you are sure what you are looking at and that you have had time to think about the new breast size. Typically 3 months is a good benchmark to have a stable breast augmentation result and to have a good sense if this is the right size for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD