I Would Like to Know if a 15 Year Old Girl Should Get a Nose Job or Wait Till 18 Years of Age to Get One? Thank You!

Greetings, I would like to know if a 15 year old girl should get a nose job or wait to get it when 18can change years old? I have heard that since noses till a person is 18. Thank you!

When is someone old enough to have rhinoplasty?

+2

Hi Annaly, I agree with the other surgeons that performing nasal surgery on teenagers is appropriate when they have reached bone growth maturity which takes place after the facial bone growth spurt which occurs around the same time that as the end of the height growth spurt. This is important because there is a significant increase of mid-facial growth around this time which can change the facial contours and the relationships of the nose and face. Even more important though is the level of emotional maturity of the individual, the family support and having realistic expectations. It is the critical that the patient and the doctor have good communication as part of any cosmetic surgery procedure and that the patient  clearly understands what things are possible. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who listens well and gives realistic answers. I have a Vectra 3D imaging system which can show the changes in the nose. It is a great communication tool but is not a substitute for a thorough consultation. 

Age for rhinoplasty

+1

as noted, bone growth is complete sooner in girls than boys..  some other indicators can be judged..onset of puberty..  completion of general growth , changes in facial appearance over the previous year.

so, yes its possible

Rhinoplasty at age 15 versus 18

+1

It's acceptable at undergo rhinoplasty on girls at 16 years of age and we usually wait until 17 or 18 years of age for boys. If are younger than 18 you will need your parental consent to undergo rhinoplasty. Virtual rhinoplasty software as available on  our website on the link below.

Nose job timing

+1

I have done rhinoplasty in girls as young as 16 years old. It really depends on whether it can be judged that your nose is done growing. At 16, you would need parental consent to have the surgery done. Have you discussed this with your parents?

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

I Would Like to Know if a 15 Year Old Girl Should Get a Nose Job or Wait Till 18

+1

Please share this information with your parents since you are under 18 years of age.  The nose is fully formed at 15, so there's no reason that a 15 year old couldn't undergo Rhinoplasty.  We do want the 15 year old to understand that Rhinoplasty is a surgery and the post-op care that goes with the procedure...like avoiding contact to the nose.  Hope this helps.  

Rhinoplasty for 15 year Old Girl

+1

The nose is fully mature in almost all 15 year old girls. I've done rhinoplasty surgery on many young ladies over the past 35 years without any complications. I do wait longer for teenage boys.

Teen rhinoplasty

+1

I just did one last week on a 17 year old female and I am sure many of the surgeons posting on realself have done the surgery on 15 or 16 year olds. The age is less of an issue than what you want changed, what you are starting with, are you mature enough to have the procedure, are your motivations appropriate and are your parents agreeable with your decision. None of these important factors can be assessed from the limited information in your post.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

If growth is finished, the rhinoplasty can be performed.  For females,  growth may be finished by 12 or 13, but this should be individually assessed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Girls can have rhinoplasty at 14-15 years of age.

+1

Girls can have rhinoplasty at 14-15 years of age since the nose is finished growing. I have done this for 35 years without a problem.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It would be advisable to wait until you are older (at least 18years old) as your nose is still changing even though there is no set age for rhinoplasty surgery.  When the time comes, please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD