Diode Setting for LightSheer on Bikini Area?

Is there a diode setting (pulse width, etc) on LightSheer which you believe would be effective for my skin on the labial portions of my bikini area (much darker than the rest of my skin), or would you suggest switching completely to Nd:YAG for these areas? Do you recommend using all Nd:YAG for my entire bikini area, or Nd:YAG only for the labial/anal areas, and then diode for the rest?

Lightsheer Settings for Labial Hair Removal

+1

Hello Halfasian,

We are a bit concerned about suggesting an actual treatment parameter or laser via the web. Ultimately, the determination about what laser to use (Lightsheer vs. Yag) and what settings are used for the area in question should be done in in conjunction with your practitioner--because they are the one that evaluates your skin type and the reaction of the skin tissue to the laser treatment.

There are many reasons why one laser may not put out the same energy as another and that's why the choice of which setting to use must be determined by tissue reaction and not the fluence that is read on the machine. Getting too caught up in the numbers without looking for follicular edema (reddish ant bite marks and/or welting) is a mistake.

Using a Lightsheer with lighter skin and a Yag for darker areas is certainly a good starting point, but after that, clinical judgment will play a large part in whether the decision was the right one and what kind of results you will achieve.

Labial Hair Removal with Light sheer

+1

If you are pure caucasio, then use 30j/cm at the pulse width of 30ms. Make sure the hair has been shaved and the laser is pressing against the labial skin and the tip is cleaned if there is any charring on the tip.

If you want to be safer then change the pulse width to 100ms.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon