Can Lightsheer Diode Laser Remove Very Fine Black Hairs?

I am thinking of having Lightsheer Diode laser. I am a bit confused because some people have told me that the Lightsheer Diode laser does not work on fine hair?

Is this true? I want my whole face lasered where I have fine black hairs and coarse hairs. Shall I treat only the dark thick hairs and not the fine black hairs?

LightSheer Laser Hiar Removal

+4

The laser is attracted to the pigment in the hair. Fine black hair Can be removed with the LightSheer laser. Contact a well established office in your area for a consultation. Best wishes!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal and fine hairs

+2

The thickness of the hair does not matter. If the hair is dark in color, the laser will be effective,

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

LightSheer Hair Removal works well on dark hair.

+2

Regardless of the caliber of the hair, as long as there is pigment the laser will work.  The target for the laser energy is the color, ideally, hair darker than the skin will respond.  A thin hair has less total pigment than a thick hair simply because it is smaller.  There is less target for the laser. This means that higher energy and/or more treatments will be needed to eliminate the tiniest hairs. You should see results but you may need more patience.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser on fine black hair

+1

The LightSheer is effective on fine black hair. It is a diode laser and it is attracted to the melanin in the hair. You will generally need 5-7 treatments to effectively remove most of the hair with a touch -up treatment done bi-yearly.

George Min, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Lightsheer diode laser for dark hairs

+1

The light sheer diode laser, the original or duet, are both outstanding at treating dark hairs (e.g. black), and the caliber/thickness of the hair is not a factor. White, blonde, red, and silver hairs do not respond nearly as well.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Light Sheer DUET laser works for fine dark hair

+1

The success of laser hair removal depends on the colour of the hair and skin.  As long as the hair is dark and you have a fair complexion, it should work.  The LightSheer DUET laser has a specific setting for fine dark hair.  Consult an experienced laser physician for treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lightsheer is still the best choice

+1

As long as the hair is dark in color the Lightsheer laser is the best. It works faster for coarser hair, just because there is more pigment to get absorbed by the light. The very fine black hairs might take a few more treatments, but the end result is great.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Laser hair removal is best for dark hair

+1

The thickness matters less than color - lightsheer laser works very well on dark hair. Make sure not to tweeze or wax before the procedure.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Lightsheer and fine black hair.

+1

The greater the contrast between the hair and skin colour, the better the result.  The Lightsheer diode laser will remove fine black hair.

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Fine black hairs should be fine for hair laser removal

+1

Hair laser removal using Lightsheer Diode Laser should do a good job for very fine black hairs. The key is the color of the hair shaft/hair follicle, more so than the caliber of the hair shaft as the energy of the hair laser gets preferentially taken by the pigmented portion of the hair follicle.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon