Will Lightsheer Diode Laser Interact with Pigment in Juvederm?

I asked this question before.However I have an additional question.The main reason why I'm worried about getting a Diode Laser treatment on a location where I'm injected with Juvederm is because I heard that JUVEDERM has a GREY COLOR, and because hair removal lasers are focusing the energy on pigment/dark colors.I'm afraid too much energy will go towards the grey Juvederm and damage my skin,or somehow interacts with the grey Juvederm.

No problem

+3

This has not been a problem. Juvederm, with its 9-12 durability has often been underneath the Lightsheer laser without untoward effects. Occasionally, Juvederm might look blue under the skin, but it is clear while in the syringe. It is true, the Lightsheer uses pigment as a chromophore, but since there is no color in Juvederm there would not be problem.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Dermal fillers have no interaction with the LightSheer Laser

+2

The LightSheer laser is made to target the pigment melanin.  Juvederm is a clear gel so it won't absorb any of the light and heat from the laser.  In addition, dermal fillers are usually injected at depths which are deeper than lasers can penetrate.  I have seen no study which has shown any laser to affect Juvederm at this time.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm and Laser Hair Removal

+2

Juvederm is colorless and therefore will not absorb the energy of the LightSheer Diode laser.  Laser hair removal can safely be performed in the area where Juvederm was injected.  If Juvederm is placed too superficially in the skin, it will look blue, but the Juvederm itself is colorless.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

Effects of light sheer duet laser hair removal and juvederm filler

+1

There is no problem in performing lightsheer duet laser hair removal in the presence of juvederm. That said, I'd prefer to have the juvederm or any other filler settle for at least 2 weeks before performing the laser hair removal in the same area.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

LightSheer with Juvederm Pigment

+1

Absolutely not.  Juvederm is a clear, viscous material made of Hyalauronic Acid which has no pigment whatsoever.  LightSheer is made to only target the pigment of unwanted hyperpigmentation, unsightly veins, and hair follicles.  Juvederm is placed in a completely different and deeper layer under the skin.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

There should be no problem treating the same areas

+1

Laser hair removal does not affect filler or injectables. Fillers are injected much deeper where the wavelength from the laser cannot penetrate. Both procedures can be safely done on the same day.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Lasers and fillers can be done together

+1

Juvederm is an HA (hyaluronic acid) filer and is colorless.  Sometimes, when it's injected very close to the skin's surface, it can give the skin a gray-ish color, but this is not common. 

The lighsheer laser does not penetrate deep enough to affect Juvederm, which is placed in the deep dermal layer of the skin.  You can have your laser treatment confident that it should not affect your Juvederm.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Juvederm

+1

juvederm has no pigment. Lightshear diode wave length is absorbed by MELANIN pigment.

Juvederm looks blue-gray when injected very superficial , light refracts and that looks blue-gray .

it is not affected by the light shear

Lightsheer Diode Laser Treatment and Juvederm

+1

There is no pigment in Juvederm. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is clear. There are no contraindications to receiving a laser hair reduction treatment in an area that has been previously injected with Juvederm.

Anifat Balogun, MD