Will Very Lightly Touching my Nose After Rhinoplasty Affect End Result?

I had my revision rhinoplasty 8 days ago and got my cast of yesterday. Last night and this morning I very lighltly touched the bottom portion of my nose skin several times to see how it feels. I barely put any pressure on it bc of it's fragile state, but I did put some on the skin. I am so paranoid right now because I wasn't even thinking about it affecting my end result, which of course I don't want. Will a slight touch or pressure affect the end result? It feels firm, but I won't do it again!

Touching Nose 8 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You've done no harm gently touching your nose 8 days after rhinoplasty. As you said you will not do this anymore because there is no advantage to massaging your nose. Having said that, you should continue to clean the nasal skin.

No

+1

It is not THAT fragile. You can safely touch to clean, apply make up etc. as soon as the cast comes off.

Good Luck!

Reginald Rice, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is unlikely that light touching will affect your result

+1

Light touching should not affect your rhinoplasty results.  I would caution you to limit any manipulation.  You could displace grafts or affect skin healing with excessive manipulation.  Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

IMHO, you'd have to experience pain from the nasal contact in order to cause any trauma to the nose during the fresh post Rhinoplasty stage.  However, I tell my patients not to touch or clean their noses for the first 6 months after their Rhinoplasty, just to be safe.