How Can I Lighten a Dark Tattoo?

I just had my eyebrows tattooed today, they are too dark..I am sick..how can I lighten them? I have been scrubbing them all day in hopes of lightening them a little.

Lightening permanent make-up

+1

The best way to lighten a freshly tattooed permanent eyeliner that is too dark is to have a q-switched laser tattoo treatment. The fresher dark permanent eyeliners are easier to remove than other colors and ones that have not been present as long. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent eyebrow tattooing

+1

The dark color is always darkest immediately after permanent makeup is performed. The tattoo ink will diminish in intensity. If not enough for your satisfaction, it can be lightened eventually but don't scar yourself by overrubbing.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Laser to soften appearance of tattoos

+1

Give it some time, tattoos are naturally dark and will fade with time. However, depending on the color various lasers can be used to soften the appearance. This will likely require multiple treatments staged over a long period.

They will lighten on their own--give it time!

+1

If you just had the procedure done today, they certainly are going to look VERY dark.  That's completely normal.  Please follow your post-treatment care instructions carefully and stop trying to manipulate the results--you might regret doing so.  GIVE IT TIME.  They will definitely lighten, but it does take a few weeks.

Carmen Kavali, MD