Lightening Dark Lips?

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to lighten dark lips with a chemical peel or laser. One dermatologist was going to do a chemical peel for me but by the time I went back for another appointment they had stopped ordering that type of peel. My problem is that my top lip is much darker than my bottom lip, so even when I wear lipstick or lip gloss, it looks like two different shades. The dermatologist also recommended getting my lips tattooed but is it possible to tattoo them a lighter colour?

Lightening Dark Lips?

+1

Thank you for your question. You can use sunscreen with SPF 30 and zinc oxide  to prevent your top lip from becoming darker. You  could also use bleaching creams that could help to lighten up the discoloration such as Hydroquinone.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options for you. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist