10 Days Post Rhinoplasty - Will a Small Bump Damage the Nose Tip?

I had a septoplasty and rhinoplasty on the 23rd of Feb, I have had the steri strips and stitches removed. Today I slightly bumped the tip of my nose on the right side and it barely hurt but a few moments later when I was gently wiping off the sticky left over from the strips I noticed it has a slight imprint in the tip. I have no idea if this was from bumping it or from the swelling goin down on just that one side? Should I be concerned? I'm unable to post a pic right now but will ASAP.

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1
It is unlikely that a bump to the nose would cause any permanent damage. I would see your surgeon as soon as you are able to get an appointment and I am sure he/she will put your mind at ease. I often have patients with small children who will bump their nose postoperativly and I have not seen any significant damage in my 30 years of experience. So rest easy and be careful during this phase.

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

If you have a concern I would suggest that you contact your surgeon to make certain you are healing properly. Best wishes!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minor Trauma After Rhinoplasty - Likely No Problem

+1

From what you describe, it is very unlikely that any significant damage was done that will alter the result of your operation. However, you should always check with your surgeon for any issue such as this so that he can evaluate and advise.  Hopefully your nose will look great after the swelling goes away!

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trauma 10 Days Post-op

+1

It is very unlikely your minimal trauma caused any permanent damage.  It would be best to contact your surgeon to put your mind at rest. 

Bumping your tip

+1

In general, a small bump should not do any damage to your nasal tip which is made up of cartilage. The imprint on your nose is probably from swelling. It is best to see your plastic surgeon so that he can examine your nose.

Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Slight Trauma To The Nose After A Rhinoplasty Is Unlikely To Have Caused Any Damage

+1

Trauma to the nose after a rhinoplasty can damage the result if significant enough. Usually, however, it takes a significant force to do so and the traumatic event is not subtle...like running into a door or falling and hitting the nose. This will often be associated with some bleeding. Your trauma to the nose sounds slight and is unlikely to have made anything go awry. I doubt that the imprint on your nose was from the trauma but is more likely part of the normal tip swelling and irregularities that one can see early after a rhinoplasty procedure. I would discuss this at your next after surgery appointment.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com/

Bump to nose within 2 weeks of a rhinoplasty. Is there any damage?

+1

From how you describe it, it is unlikely that the "imprint" was from the trauma though because your nose is still somewhat numb. However, I strongly suggest that you contact your surgeon and discuss the incident. He/she may want to recheck and make sure that nothing untoward happened. 

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Post operative rhinoplasty

+1

I would follow up with your surgeon. Most of the time, if the bump was small, then there is no consequence.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon