Could a Light/mid Chemical Peel Ease 'Pink/fresh' Skin Following Superficial Facial Burn?

I have 'new pink' skin following a facial burn 2 day ago. As the new skin is extremely pink and I have medium/slightly tanned skin would a peel help blend the new pink skin with my own if I had a mild chemical peel? And when should I have it and should I have the lesser one or a more middle peel

Chemical peel and Facial Burn

+2

I would avoid any type of chemical peel so soon after a facial burn.  If the chemical gets on the area of the burned skin it could casue further damage (scarring, hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation).  I would suggest waiting at least six months before considering a chemical peel to the unburned areas of your face.  In the meantime, kepp your skin well moisturized, avoid excessive sun exposure, and use a sun block, SPF 30 or higher.  Good luck.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Peels and burns

+2

If you had a slight facial burn, I would let that heal first before deciding to have any type of chemical peel.