I Have Light to Medium Ice Pick Scars, What is the Best Way to Get Rid of Them & Prices

I have about 4-5 ice pick scars on one each and 2-3 on the other. I also have a few red old acne scars that haven't gone away. What are the best treatments and what are the prices? What has the highest success rate for ice pick pitted scarring? Do you know how long after a Rhinoplasty I could get treatment on acne scarring? Thanks

Ice pick scars, pricing

+1

Co2 laser resurfacing can help you. For the full face I would expect to pay 3-4000. Ice pick scars are treated well with deep chemical peeling with TCA and CROSS method. I think a multilayered approach is the best for treating acne.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scarring often responds well to Pixel resurfacing

+1

I have treated many patients with severe acne scarring with aggressive skin resurfacing using the Pixel laser. Although there are more aggressive resurfacing devices out there, Pixel works quite well. Most likely you will never be completely rid of your scars. However, they can be greatly improved.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Best treatment for acne scars?

+1

The best treatment for acnes scars depends on the color of your skin.  laser resurfacung works well to rmove outer layers, of the skin, softening the acne scars but can lead to long term issues in dark skin.  The rule of thumb is to wait 1 year after a Rhinoplasty before having the nose resurfaced with a chemical peel or laser.

Ice pick

+1

Unfortunately there is no gold standard treatment. Most are too small to respond to fillers Traditional trearments such as dermabrasion and chemical can improve things but, are not perfect. The newer C02 lasers may provide some help

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Ice pick scars can be treated

+1

Ice pick scars have traditionally been difficulty to treat.  Simple excision, lasers, dermabrasion, and chemical peels have all been utilized.  More recently, they have been found to respond very well to treatment in the depths of the scar with 90% TCA.  I think that this works the best.  You should probably wait for at least a month after rhinoplasty to have treatment of your acne.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon