Light Coloured Hard Facial Mole Just Under my Eye? (photo)

I have a light coloured hard facial mole just under my eye, it is benign(I have seen a dermatoligist who confirms this and says a surgical excision may be difficult in this position) but I am feeling it now when I blink. It is increasing in size. Are there any creams or treatments non-surgical to reduce its size and prevent further growth. I don't find it so much a cosmetic problem as a problem with its increasing weight and size that close to my eye. ciao Cathy

Mole removal from the eyelid skin

+1

A shave excision or surgical excision are both procedures I would offer for this non-pigmented epidermal lesion on your eyelid.

Raised mole on left lower eyelid

+1

The mole is raised and removal could be removed with a simple shave.  Most board-certified dermatologists should be able to office this service to you.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Mole removal

+1

The lesion is raised, so a shave excision may be the best option.  I would recommend a plastic surgeon or dermatologist for the procedure.

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole under eye

+1

Since the lesion is raised, I would recommend just having it shaved off.  This would prevent the need to excise any skin and should provide you with a good cosmetic result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mole in the lower lid

+1

Fom the picture posted, it could be a mole or a Keratosis.

Lids form very good scars. if it is a mole one need to assess if it can be remove without changing the position of the lower lid. If it is a keratosis then it can be shaved or use laser to remove.

Flesh-colored lesions are often best just shaved flat easily.

+1

From your photo the lesion may be a stucco or seborrheic keratosis since it has a variegated surface, feels hard, and is growing quickly. These are benign lesions curretted off easily under local anesthesia. Without examining it in person, it may be  benign intradermal nevus(mole) which is just shaved flat also.  I doubt that you need it excised when shaving it flat will give a great cosmetic result. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon