I Had a Light Chemical Peel (Obagi Blue) Done Today, Can I Workout Tomorrow?
- Asked by Miami7071 in Miami
- 2 years ago
Working Out after an Obagi Blue Peel
I have no restrictions for my patients after doing an Obagi Blue Peel other than taking it easy for a few days, if possible, due to the potential for swelling and discomfort. The amount of discomfort is dependent upon the level of the peel. If you're up for it, working out is fine. Just splash on lots of cool water during and after the exercise to keep things from getting overheated and uncomfortable. And don't forget the sunblock!
Exercise after light chemical peel
Usually after a light chemical peel you can exercise without any problem but you should take some precautions to protect your skin from the potentially irritating effects of sweat and heat. Ideas include:
- reducing the intensity of your workout
- workout with a fan to keep your skin cool
- bring a spray bottle of healing spring water - such as Avene thermal spring water - to spritz your skin during workout.
- Also, coat your skin with a barrier cream such as CeraVe or an emoillient cream such as vaseline or Elta moisurizer just prior to workout. Immediately after workout, rinse face and re-apply emollient cream.
Recent Chemical Peel Reviews
Chemical Peel Photos
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.