Can Light Chemical Peel Be Effective for Pitted Scars if Done with Intervals?

I've read about TCA Cross. I think it'll be too strong for my skin. I have sensitive skin. My skin is a little bit thin and fair. I'm afraid if I had the TCA Cross my skin would turn to a new raw skin and it might cause more scarring. So I decided to use light chemical peel instead. Can it be effective for pitted scars if done regularly with intervals? Hope to get a reply asap. My pitted scars are affecting my confidence. I need to get rid of them. :)

Light Chemical Peel For Pitted Scars

+2

Without seeing a picture, it would be difficult to say what would be best. Chemical peels can absolutely reduce the appearance and texture of scars with series of treatments, especially in conjunction with microdermabrasion.

For more severe cases I would recommend a CO2 resurfacing laser. It has slightly more down time than just a light peel and/or microderm, but gives the client a much more dramatic result in less time. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Light Chemical Peel

+2

Thank you for your question. You should see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has the ability to offer all option to you including laser or chemical peels after a consultation for your condition.  The laser may be a better option if you are a good candidate and your skin is not dark or tan.  I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Chemical Peeling Ineffective for Pitted Acne Scars

+1

In my opinion, pitted acne scars do not improve from TCA Cross or other chemical peels.  These types of scars need to be removed via punch excision or destroyed with an ablative technique such as electrocautery (electrosurgery). I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating acne scars.

Channing R. Barnett, MD