Can I Get an IPL Before a Very Light Chemical Peel? How Would the Waiting Period Be in Between?

I am getting my first IPL treatment in 5 days for acne scarring. I am wondering if it is ok to book a very light chemical peel 3 days before IPL treatment? Thank you :)

Peels and IPLs....

+1

I would wait at least 7-10 days before scheduling your IPL after a chemical peel and/or vice versa. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

IPLs and Chemical Peels together do help Red Acne marks.

+1

We usually do the IPLs and the light chemical peels together on the same day but there should be no problem doing them a few days apart.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Good question for your treating physician.

+1

In my office, we often do both treatments at the same time.  First the IPL is performed and then the light chemical peel is done.