Is It Okay to Do Light Cardio Everyday if I Don't Use my Upper Half? I Got Implants 15 Days Ago.

I don't want to strain my implants or cause any harm to them at all. I want a normal healing process and I heard girls who work out too soon have them settling higher than usual and get that space gap look. I walk around my neighborhood as many days as I can and it's 3 miles. Is that okay? I'm not doing any weights for a while what so ever.

3 weeks

+1
I usually recommend that patients wait 3 weeks before beginning aerobic and lower body weight training. Walking should be fine. However, it's better to ask your surgeon for their advice.

Light cardio at 15 days post op

+1

I typically allow my breast augmentation patients to start light cardio with a very supportive bra at two weeks post op. With that being said, you should really follow the recommendations of the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery.

Hope this helps.

R. Michael Koch, MD
Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your surgeon will know whether there was anything encountered in surgery that would be of particular concern.  Absent that, most surgeons are OK with low impact activity gradually starting around the 2-3 week mark.  I've witnessed colleagues draining hematomas weeks after surgery, so I would recommend following your surgeon's instructions.  Walking around the neighborhood should be fine.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

When to Start Exercise After Breast Augmentation

+1

Walking should be fine, but get clearance from your surgeon. I tell my patients to wait 3 to 4 weeks before starting any strenuous exercise as it can cause swelling. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Exercise after Breast Augmentation

+1

Post-operative instructions will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  It is extremely important to follow your surgeon’s specific instructions.  You must be patient and give yourself time to heal as you do not want to compromise the result of your surgery.  I advised my patients that approximately two weeks after surgery they can start with mild exercise such as walking but no upper body workouts, running or high-impact workouts should be done for one month.

Frank Lista, MD

Exercise after breast implants

+1

I also recommend that my patients wait at least 3 weeks before starting even "light" cardio due to the hematoma risk.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Exercise

+1

I typically recommend waiting 2 weeks before doing any cardio to reduce the risk of bleeding. At this point you would be fine to start walking or light jog. However, this will vary depending on the surgeon.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks

+1

I generally recommend to my patients to avoid going to the gym, even for a light work-out, for 3 weeks post breast augmentation.  The concern is that the activity could stir up bleeding & hematoma in the implant pocket.  Every surgeon will have their own protocol - so check with yours first.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Breast augmentation recovery

+1

Every surgeon has a different post-operative protocol that they recommend. While patients generally have minimal discomfort within a few days, and are capable of exercising, any activity that elevates heart rate or blood pressure increases the risk of bleeding. Consequently, I ask my patients to refrain from any aerobic activity for three weeks.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Early exercise after breast augmentation

+1

Every plastic surgeon has their own protocol for exercise after breast augmentation. Ideally you should check with your plastic surgeon to see if it is alright to start your exercise regimen. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD