Can Lifting Weights Cause One of Your Breast Implants Not to Drop and Remain Higher?

Can lifting weights cause one breast implant to not drop and remain higher, fuller and harder than the other to the point they look so different?

Weight lifting and breast implants

+2

One would expect that weight-lifting would affect your breast implants in a fairly symmetrical manner .  I am not sure why you are seeing a difference in the appearance of your breasts.  Definitely discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Weight lifting should not cause asymmetric change in implants

+1

Hi there-

Without knowing more about the time course of your surgery and your problem, and without examining you, it is very difficult to say what might be going on, but I can tell you that there is no reason that an activity that involves both sides of your body (like weight lifting) should affect only one side in an adverse way. 

In other words, it doesn't sound to me like whatever you are experiencing is due to weight lifting.

It sounds more like you have a capsular contracture. I would visit your plastic surgeon for an evaluation and recommendations.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Weight Lifting and Failure of Breast Implants to “Drop”?

+1

Yes, weightlifting may affect the position of sub muscular breast implants. There are other reasons as well that may explain breast asymmetry and failure of “descent” of breast implants.

It would be in your best interests to be examined for accurate diagnosis and treatment advice.

Weight lifting with breast implants

+1

What your describe, higher, fuller, firmer on one side sounds more like a capsular contracture rather than something caused by lifting weights. Lifting weights might cause a temporary deflection in the implant, but nothing more.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

Implant position and weight lifting

+1

Weight lifting can cause an implant positional change, especially temporarily.  I am not sure that they are related to your apparent implant malposition. Please see your PS and discuss your concerns.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon