Lifting Weights After Lipo?

I had inner/outer thigh and inner knee lipo completed a week and a half ago. I am an avid lifter, nothing serious but enjoy lifting weights. Could I start doing upper body lifting now as it won't affect the areas where I had liposuction? I dying to get back to working out!!

Weight lifting after liposuction?

+1

It's so important to check with your surgeon and follow his/her guidelines. But I say YES! I let my patients increase their activity after liposuction as they can tolerate. I like them to take it easy for the first 2 to 3 days but after that they are free to step it up. It's important to wear your compression garment.  Understand you may have a bit more swelling with increased activity but that will all go away in time. Be patient for your final results.

Jennifer Harrington MD

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Lifting weights after liposuction

+1

I usually allow my patients who have had liposuction to exercise earlier than patients that have had more invasive procedures but you should ask your surgeon.

Patients can resume weightlifting a few days after liposuction.

+1

The recommendation of your surgeon is the only opinion that matters. In my practice I permit my patients to resume weightlifting several days after liposuction.

Lifting Weights After Lipo?

+1

Your surgeon, who knows you, knows what was done, and who has followed your recovery is the one to whom this question should be addressed. All the best.