Lifting Up the Nose?

How do rhinoplasty surgeons lift the nose up if it looks bendy and covers your mouth, how would that problem be adressed in terms of how would the surgeron lift up the nose without affecting any other facial feature such as your mouth.

How To Lift Up THe Drooping Nose

+3

Thank you for your question. Lifting the nasal tip or superior tip rotation is an important part of Rhinoplasty Surgery. Rhinoplasty surgery can create downward rotation of the nasal tip, so most surgeons emphasize tip rotation to avoid this problem.

There are many techniques. The most important in my opinion is sing cartilage "strut grafts" which support the tip.

See an expert Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with Rhinoplasty experience.

Lifting Up of the Nose? #nosejob

+1

This is a very loaded question. Without pictures and discussing with you your clear goals it is hard to be accurate with advice. There are many special maneuvers during a Rhinoplasty surgery that can change the way the nose looks. One thing I can tell you as a Rhinoplasty surgeon is that you need to find a board certified surgeon who specializes in these procedures. Have many discussions with that surgeon and feel comfortable with that person. Noses can be lifted, narrowed, made bigger, smaller, you name it. Your operation will be specific to you. No two noses are the same so do your homework and talk to many surgeons. Best of luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Lifting up the nose

+1

Not to worry, it is possible to lift a drooping nasal tip without affecting the mouth. In general, a droopy nose may be lifted in a number of ways. My approach would depend on the individual circumstances of the patient. Tongue and groove sutures used in the septum and the tip cartilage may help. In addition, a columellar strut may help. With an examination, your needs will be assessed and a surgery plan may be established. I would recommend a consult with a board certified surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Lifting the Nose

+1

There are several techniques used to lift the tip and shorten the nose depending on the needs of each patient. Other facial will not be changed.

Lifting Up the Nose?

+1

The nasal tip is lifted (really rotated upwards) through various Rhinoplasty techniques depending on what else is within the aesthetic plan for nasal improvement.  Rotating the nasal tip will have no direct effect on the mouth or any other facial feature.  Hope this helps.

Lifting the nose in surgery

+1

There are many different ways to elevate the tip if you have a plunging tip. It really depends upon your anatomy.  Tip refinement sutures, sutures of the crura to the septum, columella struts, and caudal septal excisions all help in elevating the tip.

Lifting the long nose.

+1

I would need to see photos to give a proper answer. Choose an experienced surgeon who does noses you like rather than trying to figure out the technique. 

Tip lift and tip rotation, standards in rhinoplasty

+1
Technical descriptions abound as to proper tip support and rotation in both open and closed rhinoplasty. It best be said that concerning lifting up the tip without distorting other features, the experienced rhinoplasty surgeon has it mastered.

Lifting drooping nasal tip

+1

There are several ways surgeons use to lift a droopy or ptotic nasal tip like you describe. Tip cartilage can be trimmed and overlapped to rotate the nose. Another method involves better supporting the tip and securing it to structural grafts. If your septum is in the midline and long enough a tongue in groove set back can be used to secure the tip cartilages in a more elevated position directly on the septum.

You can check out my link below to see an example of lifting a droopy tip with rhinoplasty.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Lifting tip

+1

There a number of techniques for lifting the tip but they fall into 2 main techniques, and often times both are needed:

1. Adding cartilage (grafts) to support the tip
  2. Changing the shape of the existing tip cartilages to make the tip appear more lifted

Sam Naficy, MD