I have lifting skin around the opening of my vagina as well as protruding skin on the inside hanging down. Is it normal? (Photo)

I'm worried that something could be wrong with my skin. It's lifting around the opening of my vagina and I'm wondering if it could be from the friction while having sex. It does not hurt at all to touch or to have sex. I'm just wondering if its normal

Normal means a lot of things

+1
and unless you have something that is truly not supposed to be there, yours is another type of  'normal'.  If you find that the excess cause urinary issues or other problems, then see your GYN about options to 'fix' it.

Labial anatomy can be quite variable

+1
I would say that there is nothing in the picture that looks especially abnormal to me.  However, one would need to do a physical examination to be certain.  Your gynecologist is probably your best resource here.

If anything appears to be changing or enlarging, or if there are any firm areas, tender areas, areas of crusting or bleeding, or if anything else feels unusual, you should especially get to your gynecologist more quickly.

James Nachbar, MD

Normal vaginal anatomy

+1
Indeed unless this is a new finding or something that is growing, it is likely completely normal.  However, it never hurts to visit your gynecologist for a physical exam and confirmation. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD