BA Years Ago, Right Breast Never Relaxed and Noticeable Now Because of Sagging; Should I Get A Lift? (photo)

Years ago I had breast augmentation. My right breast never relaxed like the left one and now with age it is very obvious (because of sagging). Is the best course of action a breast lift and what can be done to prevent my right breast from retaining its current high position.

Breast sagging years after a Breast Augmentation: Snoopy deformity.

+1

Breast sagging can occur over top of a breast implant. This can occur over time and is relatively normal, though can be accentuated with pregnancy and weight gain. Early sagging is seen in patients who need a breast lift at the time of the breast augmentation, but for one reason or another do not undergo the combined procedure. A breast implant can help to artificially hold the breast up, such as in capsular contracture with the scarring around the breast implant holding the entire breast up or drawing it up gradually. After release or removal of this scarring, the breast can naturally drop.

From what you describe and show, you have a snoopy deformity with the breast implant positioned high with likely a capsular contracture and the breast sagging over the implant, just like the nose of the famous peanuts cartoon character: Snoopy. In order to correct this, I would recommend, capsulectomy and removal of the current breast implants, combined with replacement of the breast implants if you would like continued breast volume and a breast lift or mastopexy. I do perform autologous augmentation mastopexies which use your own breast tissue to replace the volume of the breast implant and eliminate the need of a breast implant.

Dr. Trussler

Sagging breasts and asymmetry long after implants

+1

From your pictures it looks as if you have a capsular contracture on the right which is keeping the implant high. As you can tell from my colleague's answers, there are many options available to you. You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss which will best meet your goals. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Based on your photos, you may be experiencing scar tissue around your right breast implant (ie capsular contracture).   A revisional procedure would be required to remove the scar tissue on the right side.  You also may benefit from a small (periareolar ) lift procedure on the left.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant issues

+1

It looks like the right breast implant may have a capsular contracture.  Without an exam it is hard to say.  A breast lift and re-augmentation may be the solution.

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

The right breast either has a capsular contracture (tightening of the implant fibrous capsule) or the original pocket was too high. The other implant may be in a satisfactory position but as you said both breasts have sagged. I think you will get your best result through a breast lift, replacement of both implants with silicone gel implants, and revision of the right breast implant pocket with removal of the implant capsule if you do have a contracture. This is not an easy problem so choose a board certified plastic surgeon with care.

Joseph Fata, MD

Sagging breasts years after augmentation

+1

From your photos, it seems that you need a replacement of your older implants, a manipulation of the breast pocket (or even removal of the capsule) and then a breast lift to address the sagging. This should restore you to a more even and lifted appearance while keeping your breast in better balance with the implant. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Revision needed after breast augmentation

+1

This is a classic case of capsular contracture, probably around an implant that was placed under the muscle. In the modern era, with new gel implants, an over-the-muscle approach is preferred.

The implant pockets need to be released inferiorly to let the implants move down and into the same space as your natural breast volume.  A lift would help restore "perkiness".

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Breasts Sagging after Augmentation

+1

Your best course of action per your pictures would be to have a lift performed and a revision of your implant pockets. This can all be done at the same time and should give you and improved appearance. good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

BA Years Ago, Right Breast Never Relaxed and Noticeable Now Because of Sagging; Should I Get A Lift?

+1

Based upon the posted photos yopu need revision surgery with a lift. The right breast pocket was not dissected inferiorly or and you have capsular fibrosis.Only option is surgery to correct. 

Breast augmentation revision

+1

First, please seek an in person consultation and you will need to revise both the implants and have a lift in all probability for the best result.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS