Do I Need a Lift With BA For Fullness? (photo)

I'm 23, 5'5 and 145lbs. Would like more fullness at the bottom of my breasts and, well, larger breasts. Do I need a lift as well as a ba? Or would overs help fill out the bottom part of my breast enough? Thanks!

Breast implants alone can give you a nice result

+2
Although your pictures are not a replacement for a proper examination, from what I can see it appears your nipple sits above the breast fold.  You do not need a lift.  Would a lift give you a nicer result?  Possibly.  I would show a patient what a lift does and let her decide if it is worth the scar and extra cost.
Going purely be the pictures provided, I would start by offering a breast augmentation alone and the placement above or below the muscle would depend on what 'look' you are going for.
Finally, a new three dimensional scanner that we have in our office may be helpful in helping the patient make a decision about which way to go.

Breast Enhancement

+1
Cases that are on the bubble you can really go either way, if you are totally scarred with the scars than try the implants and see how it goes

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift With Implants - What's Best For Me?

+1

Your pictures indicate that your nipple is above the inframammary fold, and therefore I feel a breast lift will add unnecessary cost and scarring in a 23 year old chest.  The lower pole of your breast should be outside or over the pectoralis muscle, therefore allowing the volume of the implant to lift your nipple up and your entire breast away from your chest wall.  The upper pole should be underneath the pectoralis muscle to increase the chance of keeping the breast softer and give a more natural appearance to the breast. 

All this can be accomplished by allowing the pectoralis muscle to be released in a dual plane fashion to approximately 1cm above the top of the areola.  

I recommend you get a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in dual plane releasing of the pectoralis muscle during a breast augmentation.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift vs Breas Augmentation

+1

Breast lift procedure (mastopexy) and breast augmentation are separte procedures.  Mastopexy removes excess breast skin, repositions breast tissure and raises the nipple areola complex whereas, breast augmentation increases the size of the breast.   An examination by your plastic surgeon will determine which options are most appropriate.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implants or implants plus lift

+1

From your pictures, it looks to me like just implants will provide the fullness you want. BUT pictures are no substitute for a personal examination and discussion of your goals. So you need to seek a consultation with at least one board certified plastic surgeon. You should feel comfortable with the one you choose to do your surgery and can communicate with him or her easily. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift May help but may not necessarily be required

+1

While a physical examination and speaking with a patient about her lifestyle, lifestage, and goals are far superior then photos viewed online, a breast lift may improve the overall result but may not be required to produce pleasing results.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation without needing lift

+1

From the photos it may be possible to give you the fullness you desire with breast implants only.  The result will be very natural looking.  If however, you want the big "fake" look that will not likely happen. A full consultation and examination is required with a surgeon who understands what you desire.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Thanks for the photos.  AS you know you have asymmetry of your breasts.  If you want more volume, implants will be necessary. You may also consider an areola reduction which may be all that you would need to improve the appearance as well.  An exam would be essential.  good luck.

Lift plus breast augmentation may give best result

+1

While lift alone may improve the shape of your breast and augmentation alone may improve the upper pole and volume of your breast, the combination of both a lift and augmentation may give the best results.  It really depends on what your goals and expectations are for the surgery.

good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breasts Lift “Necessary”?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although definitive advice cannot be given without direct examination, it appears from your pictures that you will likely have a very nice result from breast augmentation only. If, on physical examination, it becomes clear that you have some “skin on skin” along the lower pole of the breast/abdomen, then breast lifting and may be helpful.

Again, based on your pictures alone, I think you should do well with breast augmentation (without lifting). I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.