Will I need a breast lift or breast augmentation after recent weight loss? (photo)

After some recent weight loss I lost some density in my breasts that I wanted to regain with a BA but my best friend says a BA can't fix my problem ill need a lift. Please tell me it isn't so at such a young age with no kids to show for it lol. 24 AA female 5'2 123lbs Non smoker no health problems My goal is a a DD and idk yet if saline or silicone.

Simultaneous lift is necessary

+1
Your photographs show your breasts are too low, too lateral, pointing outward and asymmetrical. You would definitely benefit from a simultaneous lift and I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. Even though you are young, the weight loss has caused your breasts to droop and will need to be corrected. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. A frequent cause of dissatisfaction is not performing a simultaneous lift when needed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift vs Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift (mastopexy) due to the degree of ptosis (sagging)that you have. Breast augmentation would certainly give you the volume lost after weight reduction. Congratulations and good luck!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Breast lift plus breast implants is best for sagging of breast after weight loss

+1
Thank you for your question.  You will most likely have a better result with a combination breast lift and breast augmentation.  These can be done at the same time or as 2 separate procedures.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam and consultation for the best opinion.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast lift or breast aug?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Judging by the photos you have provided it appears as though you would benefit most with a breast lift along with the implants. Without the lift your breasts will likely sag more, sort of like a ball in a sock phenomenon. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Will i need a breast lift or breast augmentation after recent weight loss?

+1
Base on the photos you provided you are a candidate for breast lift with augmentation, you could choose which ever implants you like best saline or silicone, Search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best luck to you. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I do believe that you make a great candidate for a breast lift and implant placement.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift

+1
Your results will be better with a lift. You should choose a PS that can show you pictures of patients similar to you who have had an augmentation with and without a lift

Michael Hueneke, MD

Do I need a Breast Lift after Weight Loss?

+1
  • Congratulations on losing weight!
  • Based upon your photos, it appears that a breast lift would provide you with the best outcome. 
  • Going with just augmentation, and not a lift, would likely provide you with sub-optimal results. 
  • This could be performed at the same time as breast augmentation. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certifed plastic surgeon to find out more details. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Breast lift or augmentation

+1
It sounds from your comments that you definitely would like to be bigger. This would mean an augmentation. The question is whether or not in addition to the augmentation, whether you need a breast lift.  
Visiting with a board-certified plastic surgeon, can help you determine whether or not you need a lift. This will depend on what size you would like to be, and the degree of laxity of your skin.  It may be such that if you need a lift, that it may be simply the periareolar lift rather than an incision that goes vertically down your breast. 

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Will I need a breast lift or breast augmentation after recent weight loss?

+1
   I think that breast lift and augmentation will produce the best result for you.