Would I Need a Lift? (photo)

I had a consult with a local board certified plastic surgeon yesterday and not sure i agree with his advice. Im 27 yr old mother of 2 (10 & 8) Petite frame at 5'0" 97 lbs Before kids-32D now 32B The surgeon suggested I need a mini lift and should go with natrelle 410 implants. His recommended size was 425cc or 475cc to get the D I want. However the 425cc was the most I'd probably go as they looked huge. Would you agree with the plastic surgeon based on my photo or what would you suggest?

Breast Surgery

+1

I think you would be best suited with a vertical mastopexy or breast lift along with an implant, I would use a round smooth implant and probably around 330cc to give a more natural result

Would I Need a Lift?

+1

A breast augmentation with a circumvertical breast lift will allow for improvement in upper pole fullness, areola symmetry, and inferior pole skin laxity. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-photo-galleries.php

Breast augmentation can sometimes obviate the need for a breast lift.

+1

I think breast implants of the size you mention should be enough to make the breasts look good without the scars associated with a mastopexy. In the wake of this if you don't like the result a secondary mastopexy is always an option. A doughnut mastopexy is a lousy operation.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,16-atlanta-breast-reshaping.htm

Breast treatment plan

+1

Although a physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations, based on your photos, I would concur with the plan for a breast augmentation and lift.  Depending on the amount and quality of loose skin, I would likely suggest a lollipop lift to give you the best result.  As per implant type, I do not think you need a 410 implant.  I think you would do well with a smooth round Natrelle silicone gel implant with a dual plane technique.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Deciding Between A Breast Lift With Your Augmentation or Just An Augmentation, There Are Trade-Offs

+1

You are very deflated but it appears in the pictures that your nipples have not decended much.  I would need to see you standing with your arms at your sides.  If your nipples are with 1.5cm of your fold position an augmentation can be performed lowering the inframammary fold slightly and probaby using implants in the range your PS recommended.  I would really have to have some measurements to give you specific information on size.  The combination of lowering the fold and autoroataion from the implants may leave you very satisfied.  A mastopexy is relatively simple to do later if you decide to go for more perfection.  The advantage of doing a lift at the same time is that your nipples could be placed in the ideal position, made much more symmetric and your areolas could be reduced.  I hope this helps!

All the best!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/before-after-photos/Breast-Surgery/

Need a breast augmentation and a breast lift for the best result

+1

There is no question that you need a breast lift at the time of your breast augmentation.  If you have a petite frame you would be better off with a midsized implant in the 325 to 375 cc range along with a vertical mastopexy.  An examination would be needed to fully assess your breast tissue laxity.

Aug mastopexy

+1

You certainly will benefit from an augmentation mastopexy. Despite the photos with your arms elevated, you have uneven nipples that will require correction. Size is always somewhat subjective but my guess is something smaller than 425cc. This determination has to be made with a full physical exam and I often use sizes during surgery to arrive at he best size .

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Would I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

+1

Although no oblique or side views are shown, based on your round breast shape, your age, my experience, and my preferences, I would likely recommend round mid-range or high profile implants with an areola size reduction (peri-areolar breast lift).  Post-surgical scar management important to minimize scar visibility.   This recommendation, of course, would also depend on your own personal preferences as discussed in consultation.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Breast lift

+1

I agree that 450cc seems a little large for you but it is really impossible to tell from just looking at some pictures.  From you pictures I do agree that you need a lift, regardless of the size of implant used.  I would use either a periareolar or a circumvertical technique most likely.  But again, without an exam it is hard to give you a definite answer.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD 

Web reference: http://www.hallmd.com/breast-lift.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

The right side not . the left is the maybe

+1

The size depends on your chest measured width of each breast and your requested projection. Larger implants correct droop better. Your skin tightness and your trying the implant on determine if it is too large. The right has a much higher chance of correcting without a periareolar or mini lift by the picture. The left less. The fold position if high would make a lift more likely. Shaped implants can help ptosis and hold the shape better. Lastly you have elevated your arms in the picture which make the droop less and some commentors are missing that and not asking about the fold and therefore wrongly stating you don't need a lift for certain. Only an examination can give you the odds. I have seen moderate cases correct without a lift and 1 case of mile end up needing a lift.

Davenport Plastic Surgeon