Lift or No? (photo)

I have met with doctors and have received different opinions. One said I need just a lift, another said a lift and implant, one said an implant under the muscle and another said an implant above the muscle. My surgery is scheduled for Thursday and went with the doctor for an under the muscle implant. I have been reviewing others images and have seen some patients where their implant is high at first and the breast tissue seems to hang off of the implant at first. Is that going to happen to me?

Lift or No Lift?

+1

Thank you for sharing your photo along with your post.

Based on the information you provided, it is difficult to provide you with a solid advise since you did not mention what your goals are.

Worrying about how your body will react to the submuscular implants is important but every patient will recover differently. The important point is to make sure you obtain the results you desire, otherwise you will not be happy with your surgery.

Implants alone will not provide you with lifted and perky looking breasts but could cause a certain level of ptosis in your case unless a lift was implemented.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

It appears from your photo that your nipples sit low and below the fold underneath the breast. In this case, an implant together with lift will give a much nicer position and shape of the breast.If you place the implants above the muscle without a lift your breasts will remain low and long. Most patients would rather have them higher and perky.

Michael Horn, MD

Lift or no?

+1

You are borderline as far as needing a lift.  It depends on what factors are important to you.  If you want perky breasts you should get a lift.  If your main goal is to minimize scars, an implant would be the better choice.  Fortunately, if you go with the implant only, it can later be converted to a lift.  My only admonition is not to go too large.  400 cc's would be about right.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Augmentation or lift or ?

+1

Without an examination I am unable to give a definitive answer, however it appears that you would do best with a lift AND augmentation.   The position of your nipples is important in deciding whether a lift is required.  If your nipples are in an adequate position (above the infra-mammary fold), implants alone may suffice.  No matter what approach is chosen, I believe that it is important that you discuss your expectations with your surgeon so that he/she can offer you the appropriate procedure.  Best of luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift?

+1

Hi.  Based on a limited photo and no measurement, I cannot give you a precise recommendation. Just on your frontal view of your preop photo, you might have needed implant and lift.  Implants are meant to give you fullness (to add volume); however, they do not change the shape of your breasts.  Your implants will settle down for the next couple months.  You should wait and see whether you would need lift at that time.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

You may need to have lift later

+1

It is hard to give a abustle recommendation without the physical examination and full views. The quality of the skin, nipple position and breast tissue position dictates the surgical option. If you breast augmentation and not happy with the result ,you can get lift later.  

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

As other doctors have said, from 1 photo it is hard to know for sure.  But from your photo I am pretty sure that my recomendation for you would be an augmentation mastopexy with the implant behind the muscle.  I think if you do not do a mastopexy you will regret it and end up doing it later.  The type of mastopexy I would recommend would the a verticle mastopexy.  I prefer to do both proecedures at the same time.  That way there is only one recovery and the cost is usually considerably less.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Lift or No?

+1

Based only on the one photo, I think you could get a more youthful shape if a lift is combined with the augmantation, but I would feel very comfortable with just a submuscular (but Dual Plane) technique to fill out the lower breast and give you a very nice natural look. The big advantage to the lift is getting more fullness in the upper breast. The implant must go where the breast is and if the breast is a little low, so must the implant be a little low. Without a lift, if you put the implant too high you will see the breast hanging off of the implant as you mentioned.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Requirement for Breast Lift along with Breast Augmentation in Los Angeles

+1

Many women in Los Angeles who get Breast Augmentation want to know if they can avoid getting a breast lift, when it is indicated. Through years of experience doing breast augmentation and breast lift surgery in Los Angeles, I have learned that women who are told by thier plastic surgeon that they need a breast lift, will regret not getting it, if they did not.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Lift Can Always Be Performed Later

+1

Although a lateral photo would have been helpful, I think you may be pleased with submuscular implant only (it all depends on what you seek).  A small vertical lift could always be performed later.

John Whitt, MD