26 Years Old, Getting Conflicting Advice: Do I Need a Lift? (photo)

I have been to two Doctors here in Turkey and one said no I don't need a lift and the Breast Implant will give me a more natural lift and the other doctor told me that even if I didn't get the procedure done with him to please get a lift or else I won't be satisfied. I am a 26 yr old mother of one and I plan on having at least one more child.

You would do

+2

What is most important to you? Being larger size or more "uplifted"?  You have some "tissue deflation" as all women do after pregancy and a breast implant can give added volume back to improve this and add fullness.  If you want to breast feed with your next child then I would only do the implant and wait for the lift until after the next pregnancy. If this is not a big deal and you know you want to be lifted and only favor a small implant then I would do the lift and small implant together.  At some point you will likely need a breast lift, but you can "start" with just the implants now and add that later if you are unsure.

Breast Implants Plus a Lift

+2

Breast implants alone can correct certain degrees of sagging.  Based on your pictures it appears that the entire nipple-areolar complex and a good portion of the gland rests below the breast fold.  This signifies that implants alone will not yield a desired result but rather what's known as a "double bubble" deformity.  This is where glandular tissue "falls off" the central projection of the implant.  Most patients will find this unacceptable.  I strongly suggest you have the lift.  Kind regards.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

Hello. From your pictures it appears that you will need a Breast Lift. If you plan on having a child more than three years in the future you can do the surgery now. Otherwise, wait until you have the child to do the surgery. The reason is that pregnancy causes changes to the breasts which will alter the results of a Breast Lift and Augmentation. These changes will necessitate revision surgery which will cost you more money. If you have other questions, a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will provide answers specific to your case.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Lift?

+1

I believe you would benefit from a lift and volume replacement with an implant.  You could do a lift alone but will lack volume.  An implant alone will not lift your breast adequately.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

A breast lift reshapes the breast tissue into its optimal position

+1

I think you would be served best by the combination or breast augmentation and breast lift. Your existing breast tissue is positioned lower than idea with respect to the ideal breast position.  An augmentation would place the implant higher up on the chest compared to where your breast tissue is currently located.  The end result of an augmentation without a breast lift would be your breast tissue hanging low off of your breast implant.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Lift or No Lift

+1

Based on your photos I would recommend a lift and implants.  First and foremost, I would complete your family plans. Breast undergo change during and after pregnancy.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Lift Needed?

+1

Thank you for the  question and pictures.

I think undoubtedly you will be much better off with a breast lift  along with breast augmentation surgery. The results of  breast augmentation alone will be aesthetically unacceptable.

Breast lifting involves some amount of skin excision.   The skin excision serves to “tighten up” the breast skin envelope. How much skin needs to be removed will depend on each specific patient's situation. In other words, some patients require more “lifting”  and have the need for additional incisions. Generally, these incisions range from around the areola, vertical breast incisions, and transverse incisions (“anchor”).

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do and the field of plastic surgery.

Do I Need a Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photographs. I tend to agree with the surgeon who recommends a lift.

There were 2 measurements that you can check yourself that indicates that a lift may be beneficial at the time of the breast enlargement.

• The distance from the top of the breastbone, which you can feel in her lower neck, his greater than 22 cm.
  • The bottom of the areola, the pigmented tissue around the nipple, is below her breast fold.

I can't tell for sure from the photos you have attached, but I suspect by both the standards you would benefit from a lift. it is of course possible to do these separately in which case he would probably elect to the enlargement first and if you find the result unsatisfactory breast lift to be done afterwards. This approach which may result in more expense and the recovery time.

Good luck and best wishes