Had a Breast Lift 3 Yrs Ago Followed by Implants - Will I Need a Lift on Explant?

I had always had large breasts. When I had the mastoplexy my size was 32D. Wanted more volume so a year later added mentor HP 350cc implants. I feel like they're too big. I'm 5'6" and weigh 125 lbs. I am wanting to explant and want to know if you think I will need another lift?

Removal of high profile breast implants

+2

The high profile breast implants are rather ball like and projecting. If your breast lift was done well you probably will not need another lift, though you should prepare yourself for the loss of upper pole fullness when the implants are removed. If yo were happy after the lift alone, the implants can go.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast lift after implant removal

+2

This really depends on your skin quality and desired breast appearance. It is reasonable to have them removed and see how things look after a few months before considering a breast lift.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Lift Necessary After Removing Implants?

+2

Without examining someone, it is impossibe to say whether they will need some sort of lift after explanting their implants.  If there is any worry or indecision, it is alwsy best to do things in stages.  Remove the implants first, and then see how the tissues react over the course of 3-6 months.  If you are not happy at that point, then a lift may be necessary.  There are some patients who bounce back pretty well, even with larger implants in place for a longer time.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Whether or not you will benefit from breast lifting after removal of breast implants will depend on your specific situation and physical examination. This will be best determined after consultation  with well experienced plastic surgeons.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person will be helpful.

A lift is needed many times after breast implant removal

+1

You'll most likely need a lift to restore the shape to your breasts and to optimize the position of the nipples/areolas.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast lift after implant removal

+1

Removing implants may flatten the breasts  and may cause themto  descend a bit.  Without an exam is it hard to predict, and sometimes one can not be sure until after the implants are removed and things settle down.

Breast lift

+1

It is not easy to give you an opinion. You need to have a consult evaluate the skin the elasticity and the implant.