Lift Without Significant Scarring? (photo)

I'm interested in a lift without implant and an areola reduction. Would a circumareolar (donut) lift be sufficient for me? What is the typical cost for the procedure alone and does anyone know where I can see pictures of the lift alone? Thanks!

Circumareolar Lift and Implant

+1

An implant and circumareolar lift may suffice with your anatomy.  The periareolar lift always flattens the breast to some extent. The circumareolar lift is generally unsatisfactory for tightening a loose skin envelope, particularly for loose skin in the inferior portion of the breast.

Lift Without Significant Scarring

+1

Based only upon the photos, I  would think that a peri-areolar lift would suffice. At an actual exam, that opinion might not be the same. Average fees are listed here, but presumably they are for full pattern lifts. I would estimate that a periareolar lift would cost about 25% less.  There are lift photos on this site, and others can be found via google.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Purse-string mastopexy

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  A circumareolar lift is another name for a purse-string mastopexy and also referred to as a doughnut lift.  It involves an incision around an areola and designed to resize and lift the areola.  It does tighten and lift the breast to a certain extent but not much.  A circumvertical breast lift, also known as a lolli pop lift tends to provide better results but involves an incision down the breast.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=218&StartRow=1

Breast lift with donut lift

+1

You will hear a lot of different answers when it comes to this question. Why? Because to give any type of lift with a donut mastopexy, more needs to be done than just excise a ring of skin, the surgeon needs to get in there and reshape to whole breast. If the skin is done alone, then the breast scar widens and the breast sags again. I think it can be done, and the improvement will be significant, but then again it doesn't look like an augmentation. Make sure your surgeon is comfortable and familiar with a more aggressive internal lifting.

Yor breast need to have more volume and lift for the best result

+1

I offer my patient lift and fat grafting insisted of implants. You will need to have incision around the areola for the areola reduction and vertical incision for the lower pole lift.If you do not want implants,the other option is to use your own fat.Please visit my web site for examples.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Cicumareolar lift alone.

+1

Amber, by your photos I do not think a circumareolar lift will meet your goals. If you are happy with your size and volume, but not the position or shape, a lift would be beneficial. I would recommend a lollipop lift which would give better projection to the breast with minimal extra scars.

Most patients are concerned about addition scars on the breast, but the vertical extension is usually the best and least noticeable. I have been using SkinMedica Scar Recovery Gel since April and giving a tube free to all my cosmetic patients a week after surgery and the scars have been much better. Discuss you goals and concerns with your plastic surgeon so you are both on the same page.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Donut procedure reduces areolar size, but does not give much lift.

+1

The reason you are having trouble finding pictures of a donut lift without implants is because the results do not look good.  A donut procedure can reduce your areolar diameter, but will not give you a lift (I've measured the results so I'm confident of this statement).  It can also cause distortion of the areola. 

If you want an effective lift, you need a vertical lift, which tightens the lower pole and reduces the areola size at the same time.  This leaves a "lollipop" scar.  I've attached this part of my website so you can look at the scars.  I would recommend that you consider small saline implants along with a vertical lift.  This will get you the upper pole fullness you want, make your breasts perky, reduce the areolar size, and keep you at your present size (a lift alone, if done properly, makes the breasts smaller and you don't want that).  Check patient A. L.'s photos on my website.  You can compare patients with and without implants and see what you think.  The cost for this combined procedure at my facility is $7500.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-lift/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

A circumareola lift or benelli lift without an implant often makes the nipple areola complex implode a bit and look flat. This is often performed in conjunction with an implant.

Breast lift

+1

Dear  Amber49114,

Thanks for posting your pictures. You have a level 2 ptosis ( droopiness ) with irregular areola.  In my opinion you are ideal patient for the Bennelli ( donut ) procedure. .  The procedure can be done with or without implants. The beauty of the procedure for you is that it will reduce and round up your areola as well as lift it up. The procedure has to be done with a permanent suture, otherwise the areola will spread after time. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can show you sucessful before and after pictures.

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Minimals scars are usually related to minimal results

+1

A lift with a scar limited to only the areola really only lifts the areola, not the entire breast.  You will most likely be disappointed with your breast lift results if you choose this option.  A lollipop lift is a greatly superior procedure

Web reference: http://www.torontocosmeticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/breast/breast-lift