Is Lift is the Only Way to Fix Double Dubble for Me? (photo)

I'm 1 month post op. He had me wear a band under my breasts 24/7 to fix the DB. Yesterday we talked about this and he said since my breasts were tuberous so I have to deal with these breasts and that there is no way to fix this. Definitely I loose my trust with him and want to look for another doctor. Since I still dun have children, I can't go for overs. Lift will give me more scar but it seems like thats the only solution. I really need your professional advice. Will I have a nice result after a lift?

Breast Aug - double bubble deformity

+2

Unfortunately you have a double bubble deformity.  Either the implants used were too big for you breasts or the surgeon's dissection went a little too low and the implant is now malpositioned too low.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to review your options -this is definitely fixable!  Best Wishes!!

Double bubble

+2

Hi,

sorry about your condition. No surgery is without risks or complications. That said, i agree with the rest here: you don't need a lift. i would agree that you need pocket correction to improve the double bubble. 

once that is done, you can fine tune your result with a small right nipple lift. 

Further, your pic does NOT look tuberous at all. I hope you find the right PS who can help you. None of us are perfect, but the majority of PS will do the right thing to help you correct this situation. 

best wishes to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

+2

NO! You do have obtains. So the algorythim I am posting are just options:

1. Removal of implants/with exchange or repair of the banding areas via surgical excision or scoring or placement of ACD matrixes

2. Fat  grafting to the "double bubble effect

3. A combination of these concepts.  

Double bubble

+2

It looks like you needed a small areola lift on the lower side, and I would probably put in smaller implants and fix the fold through a capsulorrhaphy.  Good luck.

Double Bubble

+2

I'm very sorry for the experience you've had thus far.  It's easier to look at things with hindsight and, of course, you need to be seen in person to have an effective consultation.  That being said, I think it's helpful to go back to your preop photos and start there.  It looks to me as though they are about the same size but that the right nipple/areola were significantly lower than the left.  So the question of a lift should or could have come up at that point.  A lift on the right, either circumvertical or superior crescent, might have made the heights of the nipples more even.  Even without that I would most like have suggested breast implants but without lowering the IM creases, which appears to be what happened here.  The question becomes whether you should just take them out, let things heal, and start over, or whether one procedure can achieve an improvement.  I think one procedure will work - but you may have to wait.  That's because you have to address recreating the IM folds.  That is done with sutures (but you have to have enough scar tissue/capsule to hold the sutures) and/or the addition of an acellular dermal matrix, such as Strattice. You can also have a lift of the right areola to equalize the heights or lifts on both sides, which may improve overall symmetry.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Cosmetic Surgery is an art and a science.

+2

Your implants appear a bit low which may have caused the double look. A pocket revision can help this. Also, you may want the right areola lifted to help your appearance. Best Wishes..Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Double Bubble

+2

I would suggest repair of the inframammary fold (fold underneath the breast) to improve your breast shape and remove the double bubble. It is possible that your nipples will sit low after the repair. In that case, a lift would allow your nipples to be better centered over the implants.In other words, a lift alone will not correct the double bubble.

Michael Horn, MD

Double bubble

+2

I do not think a lift will solve your problems. I think you need the pocket corrected where the implants are positioned and then a lift over that. I would recommend you get a second opinion from a board certified surgeon in your area.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

+2

No!  I absolutely would NOT do a breast lift on you.  I don't believe that would correct your double bubble problem at all.  In my opinion, the fold under your breast has been lowered too far which is what has created your double bubble.  Reconstructing this fold to its original position should give you a nice shape to your breasts without the scars of a breast lift.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Double Bubble Breast Augmentation

+2

I think you could have the double bubble repaired with minimal scarring by moving your implant pocket up beneath your breast.  Unfortunately sometimes this does not fix the problem permanently.  I often use Strattice or Alloderm (acellular dermis) to create an internal bra to keep the implant where you want it to be.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgery

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon