What Can Be Done to Lift my Saggy Breasts?

For as long as I can remember my breasts have looked this way (even at a healthy weight prior to gain). I'm 19yrs old & they look as if they have been through a harsh match of tug-of-war. Recently, I lost 27lbs in approx. 7 weeks. I'm currently around 141.2lbs & in the process of reaching my goal weight of 120lbs or a bit less. My breasts went from a C cup to a B. They look the same but I'm sure they do sag more than before. My ideal breasts are an A cup & perky, what can I do to fix my breasts?

How to fix sagging breasts after weight loss

+2

unfortunately, weight loss can had adverse effects, such as sagging breasts. while women can replenish the lost breast volume with breast implants, sagging or ptosis of breast can only be addressed with a breast lift or mastopexy. there are different types of mastopexy depending on the severity of breast sagging. with minimal sagging a cresecnt breast lift is used, whiel with sever breast sagging an inverted-t mastopexy is needed. Your pictures indicate that you need an inverted-t or "anchor" mastopexy.

Breast Procedures Following Weight Loss

+1

It’s not unusual for women to develop breast sag following weight loss. When this occurs a variety of surgical options exist for treatment of this condition. The specific choice depends on the patient’s aesthetic goals and specific anatomic findings.

It’s difficult to make a recommendation without pictures or a physical examination. In addition, you’re still actively loosing weight and this will ultimately impact the size of your breast and the amount of breast sag that is present.

Several breast lift options exist and which one is chosen will depend on how much sag is present once your weight loss is complete. In addition, you would like to have smaller breasts and depending on your breast size after weight loss, you might require a breast reduction procedure.

Once you have reached a stable weight, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to help you formulate a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your breast sag.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting Candidate?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and/or viewing pictures. Based on your description however,  it sounds like you're a good candidate for breast lifting surgery. This procedure would ideally be done when you have achieved a long-term stable weight and after completing pregnancies.

Most patients are willing to accept the scars associated with breast lift surgery in exchange for the improvement of breast position, contour, shape, and symmetry.

What can be done to lift my saggy breasts?

+1

Since you are not looking for larger breasts, nor particularly concerned with upper pole fullness, a breast lift alone would be all that you would need and not implants.  Once you reach your goal weight or closer to it, a breast lift could be performed.  The procedure is not that painful, and the recovery is rather fast when an implant is not used. 

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Correction of Droopy Breasts

+1

From your description, you do not need implants to obtain an "A" cup size. Therefore, all you need is a Mastopexy or breast lift. There are many ways to do this, but they all accomplish the same goal. removing the excess skin and putting the nipple/areola where it belongs, thus making the breast perky.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

How to improve your saggy breasts

+1

I would highly suggest a breast lift.  As you have seen with loosing weight, you usually loose breast volume as you loose weight.  I would suggest that you get to your desired weight and then consider having a breast lift. If you want perky and more youthful looking breast, you will want to consider having an implant put in.  I would suggest having the lift done first, once you have reached your desired weight, and then having a second surgery to have your implants put in.  When you have a lift and an implant put in at the same time, you are at greater risk for the blood supply of the nipple being cut off and the nipple dying.  It is safer and smarter to do a lift first and then an enlargement.  As always, it is best to consult with your physician and see what he thinks will be best for you.

J. Gregory Kjar, M.D.
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Change saggy breasts

+1

Once you have achieved a stable weight , you would benefit from a breast lift and possibly a small implant. The shape of the breast is determined by the volume of breast tissue and surrounding skin envelope.

Since you have saggy breasts and loose skin, where the nipple, areola and breast tissue drop below the inframammary crease, a vertical or inverted T lift would need to be performed for the best result. Removing the excess or stretched skin would lift the breast tissue and nipple/areola complex to a better position. It would also reduce the size of the areola.

And to achieve upper pole fullness or "perkiness", I would recommend a small implant under the muscle at the same time of lifting the breast. Your choice of silicone or saline implant can be determined with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts with or without implants

+1

You would get a nice lift (A cup) with a well performed breast lift.  This will elevate the nipple areola above the crease and tighten up the skin envelope.  It won't give you upper pole fullness or any size increase.  For those you would also need an implant.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+1

Firstly, as pointed out by a number of my colleagues, you must reach your goal weight before having surgery.

You are a candidate for a breast lift, with or without an implant.

In my experience a breast lift alone is rarely a 'home run' operation. This is because the lift alone, contrary to what some surgeons claim, will absolutely not give you any fullness of your upper breasts. There are those who claim to reposition your own tissue up there - sort of like your own implant - but the fullness is minor and disappears after a few months.

In contrast, a breast lift combined with an implant is very satisfying. You should know that this is a difficult operation, and I have discussed it in other answers I have posted on this site. To summarize, I use a 'lollipop'-style lift combined with a teardrop 'gummy bear' implant. I have found this operation very straightforward and have had consistently good results with it.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

It looks like from your pictures taht you could benefit from a breast lift procedure. If you want to stay on the smallish side than I would not add implants.