Can I Have a Lift with out a Reduction?

I am 46 and wear a 36 G, I want to have some sort of procedure to reduce the sagging. Can i have a lift with out a reduction? Can I have mine removed and replaced? Also I have considered going just a little bit bigger. I am a tall woman with broad shoulders and could carry the size enhancement. Please advise... I live in Birmingham, Alabama

Can I have a lift without a reduction?

+1

It sounds like your current implants have stretched your tissue and now need a lift. You may want to reconsider going bigger, as this will necessitate another lift in the near future. What I usually recommend my patients is to replace your implants with smaller ones, re-align them with the most prominent part of your rib cage (chest)  and 'scoop' all your natural breast tissue and reposition it directly over the implant so that all 3 structures are perfectly aligned and permanently anchored. This technique allows for the maximum projection without needing excessively large/heavy implants that will inevitably cause restreching and revisionary surgery. All your natural breast tissue is preserved. Only excess skin is removed around the areola (no unsightly vertical scar). Patients appear to be larger simply because the breasts are positioned higher on your chest. The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift also accomplishes a longer lasting lift by using the same 'strapping' technique used in the full Ultimate Breast Lift.

Kind regards,

Dr.H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I Have a Lift with out a Reduction?

+1

I am not clear about the situation here--seems like you may want a lift, and larger implants. 

A lift certainly can be done without removing breast tissue (some partial thickness of skin is removed). Larger implants at your current size will likely lead to more stretching of the breast, and an early re-operation for more sagging. It may also lead to unfavorable scarring. Thanks for your question, all the best. 

A woman can have a breast lift without a reduction but it might not last.

+1

You describe very large breasts that you want to keep.  A mastopexy can restore youth to the breasts but the weight, especially if not supported by a good bra, might allow them to sag again over the years.

Lift without reduction

+1

Although technically possible, there are two concerns. With significant weight and size the lift will not be as much. Second, it will not last as long.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast Lift without Breast Reduction?

+1

Without direct examination or viewing pictures, is not possible to give you precise advice. Generally speaking, breast lifting ( without “reduction”) is possible.  Based on your question, it sounds like you also have breast implants;  most plastic surgeons would advise you to be very careful about “going bigger” at the same time as you are undergoing breast lifting surgery.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Communicate your goals clearly.

Best wishes