Lift Options for Grade 2 Ptosis, Assymetry, and Upper Volume Loss? (photo)

I have recently consulted with my 1st board certified PS. have learned that I suffer from grade 2 ptosis and that a mastopexy augmentation is the best option to achieve the results I wish to have. I'd like bigger, fuller, perkier breasts. However, the vertical scars are intimidating. I have just begun researching other lift options. Would I be a candidate for a less invasive lift with minimal scarring? I will be consulting other surgeons as well but I would like more education about my options.

Best Type of Breast Lift for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you will definitely benefit from breast limitation/breast lifting surgery. Exactly what type of breast lift will be best for you will depend on your physical examination;  Unfortunately, your picture alone does not provide enough information for me to provide you with specific advice in this regard.

You are wise in that doing you are doing  your homework about the different types of breast lifting available. As you know, breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope and tissue.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Keep in mind, that there are potential downsides to these circumareolar breast lifting also.  Some of these downsides may  Include abnormal scarring, spreading of the areola, and/or flattening of the breast profile.

Be careful that you do not select your surgeon and/or procedure based on the least “invasive” procedure;  less scarring does not necessarily always equate with better results.

Lift with implants or just implants

+2

You have some breast asymetry with ptosis however you may require only an augmentation at this time. frequently in these borderlin cases we do an augmentation and re-eval in 6 months or so and see if any other procedure is needed.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Lift options for my Breasts, what are they?

+2

Thanks for the question and picture. It is tough to tell, but I always tell patients that if you desire fuller breast than an implant is definitely needed. As far as the lift, your ptosis is very minimal and you may need only a peri-areolar lift, I would recommend a few more consults for some additional opinions, good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Techniques

+2

The best technique is going to be determined by what you want to achieve and what you expect:

You have some loss of upper pole fullness...that's an easy fix with just an implant.  

Your nipple is a bit low, and can be corrected with a scar around the nipple.  

You also have a long breast fold, and if that bothers you, you may need to consider a vertical scar.  Techniques that do not remove and tighten that extra skin are prone to early recurrence of laxity and sagging in the lower breast.

Adding an implant can be hard on a breast lift, as the added weight tends to "undo" the lift.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Option for Breast Reshaping

+2

I think you can achieve a very natural rejuvenation of your breasts with a periareolar (only around the areola) lift and augmentation.   I do not think you will need a vertical or horizontal scar to correct your breast ptosis.

I would recommend consultation with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to help you make the most informed decision.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Mastopexy Options

+2

I would tend to agree with the surgeon you saw but you could get some good results with just a lift as well. It wouldn't lift your nipple area but would avoid the vertical scar. Beware of promises made by surgeons just to give you the answers you want to hear. Check out their photos and make surge that what they say makes sense. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Lift Options for Grade 2 Ptosis, Assymetry, and Upper Volume Loss

+2

Thanks for the question and the attached photo. A full live exam will give a better suggestion than will on online opinion--

But, depending upon the size of implant you choose it may well be possible to do the lift through an incision around the areola only. It appears to me that you don't need a lot of lift, so that could be all the incision you need, and of course, less scarring will be present. 

The vertical scar may be needed if there is excess skin in the horizontal direction, or if the nipple and areola are going to be moved so much that they leave a defect behind. Neither appears to be the case here.

Upper Breast Fullness with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  this procedure is done through a circumareola incision.  Excess skin is removed, the areola is elevated, the breast tissue is lifted and reshaped creating upper pole fullness.  From your photographs, it appears that one breast is larger than the other and implants can be done to correct asymetry or enlarge both breasts.  This technique would not require any vertical scars (such as lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions) and creates upper pole fullness that you desire with or without implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best lift options with implants

+1

It looks like you m ay be a candidate for a circumareola lift leaving the incision just around the border of the areola.  But without an exam I can not be sure.