Will I Need a Lift on my Left Breast Since They Are Aysemetrical? (photo)

My right breast is about a B and my left is a small C. I want to be a D/DD. Will a regular implant even them out or will I need a breast lift? Thank you for your help!

Do Asymmetrical Breasts Require A Breast Lift

+6

Thank you for your important question. There is no 1 correct answer. You certainly can achieve the D cup breast size that you desire with breast implants alone but some slight asymmetry will still be apparent. Although most patients today select silicon gel breast implants I generally do not place different sized gel implants because the larger implant can often show its own type of asymmetry. Saline breast implants can be differentially inflated satisfactorily to achieve symmetry but the risk of visible rippling of saline implants discourages most patients and plastic surgeons from using them because the ripples cannot be avoided and cannot be corrected in most patients.

If you want absolute perfect symmetry of your areolae than a one sided lift on the left side will be required that most likely can be done with a simple periareolar incision. However you will have a visible scar around your areola and for many patients this is a distraction and a detraction from the final result.

I agree entirely with other physicians and strongly urge you to consult several plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and very experienced in breast augmentation and breast lifting. Any high-quality experienced board certified cosmetic breast surgeon will make patients available to speak with you who have had surgery by this physician. Also insist on seeing before and after photographs of the surgeons work which an experienced expert will be happy to show you.

The decision for you is whether you want a scar on your left breast that is visible if you do not and simply have breast augmentation.

+3

An augmentation alone will not 'even out' your breasts. The procedure could actually make the asymmetry more noticeable. You have a volume discrepancy as well as a skin envelope discrepancy.

An actual exam would be best to formulate a plan. Short of that, in my opinion, the best symmetry would most likely result from an augmentation using slightly different sized implants along with a circumareolar mastopexy (breast lift) on the left side.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

+3

There is some breast asymmetry present, but you do not seem to have significant droop to your breasts. A breast lift in you would be done to improve the symmetry of the nipple position. However, a breast augmentation alone will likely achieve your goal. Dr. B

Ramin Behmand, MD

Do I need a lift

+2

Any asymmetry of the breast tends to become more obvious after a breast augmentation. With that said, using two different sized silicone gel implants would help your breasts look more symmetric in volume. If you choose not to do a donut lift on your left breast, your nipples will still be uneven. You can always try it and see if you are ok with it. If you are not, then you can always add a lift later, something to consider. Best to be evaluated in person by a board certified plastic surgeon and go from there. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will I Need a Lift on my Left Breast Since They Are Aysemetrical?

+2

You will need based only upon the posted photos a different sized implant to correct volume issues Plus a donut lift on the left to obtain evenness in levels of the N/A complexes.

Breast asymmetry

+2
Thanks for your question - you will get a great result by placing two similar implants. That being said, if you would like to have the best symmetry you would be an excellent candidate for a small lift on the left side.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Will I Need a Lift on my Left Breast Since They Are Asymmetric?

+2

The difference in areolar position would be best remedied by a one sided lift in combination with breast augmentation. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Treatment for Asymmetrical Breasts

+2

There appears to be two issues to be considered. One is the volume difference between the two breasts. This can usually be adequately addressed by using different size implants. The other issue is some apparent asymmetry of nipple-areola position. This will not be corrected by augmentation alone and, in some instances, may become more noticeable. If you want this addressed then a one-sided breast lift may be appropriate. You should be sure to discuss these issues with you surgeon.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a lift ?

+2

if you want to go to a DD then using different impant sizes on either breasts will achieve enough lift on the left and symmetry in size. otherwise, a perareolar or a lollipop type lift would help in nipple/areolar symmetry on the left. I usualy try to minimize the scars as much as possible.

Omar Fouda Neel, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Ptotic breast

+2

The left side would benefit from a lift - implants may balance size but not areola position or breast shape

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon