Will I need a lift along with my breast augmentation? I was told I do. But do not want one.

I have been wanting to get breast augmentation for a very long time now. I have seen four doctors so far and a few said i will need a lift and some said I will not. I really do not want to go through with the lift because the additional scarring will not be worth it to me. I want the scars to be well hidden. Do you think I need a lift? Will an augmentation be almost useless without one because the results will be unappealing? thank you.

Dual plane breast augmentation without a lift should work for you

+1
From your photographs your nipples appear to be above your inframammary crease and you do not have a lot of ptosis.

Based on your photographs I would most likely do a dual plane breast augmentation.  From your photographs it does not appear that you need a lift.  However if after 6 months he would like your nipple position higher you can certainly have a small periareolar breast lift.

+1
   You can probably have a breast augmentation without a breast lift.  It may also be reasonable to perform the breast augmentation first and then wait to see if a breast lift is necessary.  Sometimes, in borderline cases, this option makes the most sense.

Breast implants with possible lift

+1
Thank you for the photos.. If the desire is for upper pole fullness, the usual way to do that is with an implant. The implant does not necessarily have to be large. If you need or want volume, then a larger implant will help. Nipple/areola positioning is a different matter and may necessitate more work, (i.e.; a lift). Board certified plastic surgeons may have different solutions depending on their exam and experience.  Discuss your goals with the surgeon and make sure they are reasonable. Often we suggest patients bring in photos of breast they like.Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Lift inquiry

+1
Hello, thank you for your question. For what I see in your pictures, it looks as if your nipple is still above the inframammary sulcus, which means you should't need a lift. A good implant with good projection will probably do the trick. Good luck

Jose A. León, MD