Do I Need a Lift to Get Lasting Results with my Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I'm 5'5.5" and 135lbs. I am a mother of three(two are twins) and breast fed all three of them. I used to be a large C to small D and am now a 34B. My BWD is 13cm and I am hoping to at least become a D and would be happy with a DD even. At my one and only consultation I was told that I will need a benelli lift and max of 375cc mod plus profile implants. Do I need a lift to get lasting results? I don't want to have to get another lift in a couple of years, but I don't want scars I don't need

No lift, if you want to minize the scar / Levantamiento no es la opcion para minimizar la cicatriz

+2

Knowing that you want to be on the big side, you will not require a lift.  I recommend using high profile implants in your case.  Also a larger size to give you the DD that you desire. This will give you ,your ideal results. I'm not a big fan of Benneli lifts, unless your going from a big implant to a smaller implant.  Remember, the larger the implant size that you choose the quicker you might need a lift in the future.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Para que sus senos puedan lucir grandes usted no necesita realmente de un levantamiento.  Yo le recomiendo los tipos de implantes con proyeccion delantera (high profile) y tambien mas grande para que le de la talla DD que usted desea. Esto le va a dar el resultado ideal. Yo no soy fan del levantamiento “Benelli” a menos que usted vaya de un implante mas grande a uno mas pequeño. Acuerdese de que mientras mas grande el implante mas rapido el chance de que usted necesite de un levantamiento en el futuro.

Suerte y gracias por su pregunta.

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Breast Lift Candidate for patient seeking to move from B to D cup

+1
Based on your photos, you do not appear to need a breast lift. Consult with a total of 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

No breast lift

+1

Although it's not possible to precisely measure from photos, just from the appearance I doubt that you would require a breast lift to be done at the same time as a breast augmentation to achieve a lasting result.  Your nipple position relative to your breast fold is perhaps somewhat on the lower side of normal, but not so low that I would automatically recommend a lift. 

With age, however, your breasts will drop, and the implants may accelerate this natural process.  As such, they will eventually lose their perkiness, and you may benefit from a breast lift in the future, whether this is done as an around the areolar lift, or a lollipop shaped breast lift if things become more droopy.

Samuel Sohn, MD

Breast Augmentation Without A Lift

+1

Thank you for very well taken photos.

If you are not ready for the scars resulting from a lift then 425cc implants under the muscle would provide you with the DD cup and some lift.

However, gravity will take its effect over time and the implants will drop a little but not to a degree of becoming saggy. Eventually, you will need a lift to achieve and maintain a perky look.

Although the photos are good, they cannot replace a physical examination.

Therefore, I encourage you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience who will assess your current breasts size, the laxity of your skin and will discuss with you what to anticipate from a breast augmentation without the lift (less scarring).

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

If you have minimal sagging and want a large breast size, the lift may be unnecessary.

+1

Your degree of sagging is quite minimal.  To be a D or DD cup size, an implant volume of 450 cc to 550 cc would be ideal.  This is larger than you have been quoted.  My average volume is about 400 cc, and my patients almost never return for a smaller size.  Some wish they had gone bigger.  Better to get the size right in one operation rather than two.

The Benelli procedure is not a good option.  It tends to produce unnatural scars around the areolae and provides virtually no lift.  Many plastic surgeons have been disappointed with the results.

Later, perhaps 5 to 10 years from now, you may benefit from a lift, once you have enough sagging to make this worthwhile.  A vertical lift is best.  There are plenty of examples on my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - is a lift needed?

+1

From the looks of your pictures, it does not appear that you will need a lift now.  A properly selected implant will likely elevate your nipples and restore a youthful appearance to your breasts.  

I would choose an implant size that you're comfortable with based on your body measurements.  The results should be durable without a lift for a time.  However, the larger an implant you and your surgeon choose, the more quickly the tissue will stretch, lose shape and position, and the faster you'll find yourself needing a breast lift to re-elevate things.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

To lift or not to lift with breast augmentation surgery

+1

Hi,

Thank you for your question and photos.

Honestly, you may be able to get away with not doing a lift. This is best determined during the actual procedure when a sizer is placed. Have your consent read: Bilateral Breast Aug. with possible lift. That should take care of it. There should be no extra cost for the lift.

Word of caution: the larger the implant the sooner you will need a lift! Implants are heavy and tend to stretch out tissues rather quickly. Also, make sure you have them placed below the muscle to delay the gradual descent.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Better surgical planning for breast augmentation will get you better results

+1

Several observations.

1. There is no way you are a true 13cm base diameter based on your photos and frame. You look narrower then that if you were measured accurately

2. You have some degree of volume difference between breasts that will have to be accounted for

3. You have some degree of difference in the position of you Inframammary fold (IMF) and length of skin from the nipple to the IMF

4. The surest way to need a premature mastopexy is to go bigger with you original implants then you need to

My instinct is to tell you to forget about cup size (as that's an arms race to failed surgery and reoperations) and go smaller based on your true measurements with implants 20-30cc different. That will improve symmetry and get you better and longer lasting results. I do not think you need a mastopexy BTW

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Aug alone vs with a lift?

+1

Based on your pictures and you measurements I would not do a lift but would put in implants much larger than the 375cc implants that you mentioned.

A consult with  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would help.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon