Do I Need a Lift or Will Just Implants Do? (photo)

Hi so I'm 22 and having a breast augmentation in November. I have lost a total of 55 pounds since I was 17 and I'm relatively in good shape and work out very often.. My skin is tightening up but I'm wondering if I need a lift I really don't want one at all and think I'll be alright but I'm dying for a professional opinion. I'm a 36c now just barely and I'm wanting to go full d maybe small DD so will that fill them out enough?

Just Implants

+2

I think a larger implant in the 500 cc range would be the option I might recommend for you based upon the posted photos/// 

Breast Lift?

+2

Hi MissTx. With your left arm elevated in your photo, it is hard to evaluate. In my past, I have only performed a lift if your nipple is below your breast crease. This insures that your breast and the implant are on the same page. You have a noticeable asymmetry that can be corrected at the time of your procedure. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift?

+1

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Do I need a lift or will implants just do?

+1

As far as I can see from your picture and depending on what your expectations are, you can go either way.  If you are wishing really prominent upper pole fullness, yes you will need a lift.  If you are looking for a more natural look, so likely lower set breast, then just an implant will do it.  Discuss your procedure and expectations with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Implants alone are NOT enough

+1

You are an excellent candiate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed retro-pectoral.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants are more stable long term, look and feel more natural, are less likely to ripple or have complications that need revision.  At 36 C each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation after weight loss

+1

Thanks for your photos and congratulations on your weight loss.  You should not need a lift at all as you do not appear to have any droopiness.  Your surgeon should guide you through the decision process but if you were in my office, I would not recommend a lift.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation vs. breast lift

+1

Your posted photos show wrinkles or stretchmarks on the breasts likely relatedly to weight gain and loss. That means you have a looser skin envelope than you would think by just looking at the photos. I suspect you will need some form of breast lift but you could go with just implants and then have the lift at a later date if you wish. If you put the implants on top of the muscle without a lift the looseness of the skin envelope will become quite visible as the implants drop especially if you try to fill the envelope with a large implant.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

I'd say you need a lift as well...

+1

I think you need a lift.....With your arm raised it raises your breast too, but I just think there is too much droop and I think if a very large implant were put in to avoid the lift....you would then be big and droopy! I know it would be nice to avoid it but...it's probably needed...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question. Typically it is best to determine any surgical course of action after a thorough consultation. Based solely on your pictures, it looks like you could possibly be a candidate for a periareolar mastopexy in conjunction with the breast augmentation. This lifting technique utilizes an incision that sits directly around the areola which helps to resize the areola and move it to where aesthetically it should be in relation to the breast. I suggest you set up an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and explore all the options provided to you then. I hope this helps you and good luck! Fadi Chahin MD, FACS, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Diplomat, American Board of Surgery, Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Is a breast lift needed?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. Though it is difficult to tell from the photos alone, it does seem like you have some degree of asymmetry. A breast augmentation could restore the volume lost from your weight loss, but will not do anything to correct the asymmetry.

I do think that it would be possible to do a breast augmentation alone, especially given the volume that you are hoping to be. However, if you asked me what would give the best result, I would say that a lift and implants, an augmentation mastopexy, would be best. Of course, a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to confirm this.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon