Do I Need a Lift Too? Or Can I Just Get Implants?

I am 26. Have had 2 children and breastfed the second child. I am thinking about getting d or dd implants. Am I going to have to get a lift too?

Lift is Essential

+1

Implants alone will give you large low breasts, which will make you look heavy and descend further and faster.  You are a perfect candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate your breast high on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give you the maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants are more stable long term and have less complications.  I recommend silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  This technique avoids the ugly anchor scar or vertical scar of the other techniques.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation alone can sometimes camouflage modest ptosis.

+1

Breast augmentation can camouflage modest ptosis. However, you have to want larger breasts. Picture demonstrates breast was sizable volume. If you don't want to be larger a breast lift is probably a better choice.

Should I get a lift too?

+1

Based on your photo, I would recommend a breast augmentation with a lift for the best aesthetic result.  If you did the augmentation without a lift, you will have larger breasts but they will most likely still sit lower.  Of course, this is based on a photo and a physical exam would be the best.  Remember you can always start with an augmentation and add a lift later.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Lift Too?

+1

That depends of how large you are willing to go. An augmentation gives a lift roughly proportional to your increase in size. Wanting a lift but not wanting the uplift scars is very common. How much lift each size will give you is at best an educated guess. No one can tell you for sure. So what do I advise? My suggestion is to try larger and larger implants until you have a size you know is too large then go back to the largest size you can happily live with and that will give you the most uplift. If you haven't been that large before and know you'll like it, be aware you can have weigh problems with very large sizes and you could get up to a size that some patients of that size are coming in for a breast reduction. If big is what you want I think you'll be happy.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Agumentation with or Without a Lift

+1

Provided you are otherwise healthy, you appear to be a very good candidate for a breast augmentation.  Adding a breast lift to the procedure, will improve your nipple position and overall look but many women in your situation do not feel that the additional scars are worth it.  I recommend that you review with your surgeon pictures of women in your situation who have tried augmentation with and without a lift, so that you can make the best decision for you.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Lift Needed with Breast Aug? #breastimplants

+1

This is mostly an issue of what kind of look you are going for. Only a physical exam by a board certified plastic surgeon will be the way you can get your true answer. You do look like you have the breast type that would lend itself well with and augmentation and lift, but again hard to know without an exam. Make sure you communicate your goals and pick a surgeon who is qualified. Try to look at the American Society of Plastic Surgery or the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery websites to look for qualified surgeons. Then I would meet with several in order to make a well educated decision.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Lift and implants?

+1

From the front view it does look like you need a small lift. Best to be seen in person to get a better idea of what would be right for you.

Do I Need a Lift Too? Or Can I Just Get Implants

+1

Maybe but try doing large implants as a first surgery than if you are noty satisfied a kiting with scars can be discussed as a secondary operation. 

Breast Augmentation With or Without a Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Nothing will replace in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of results you are looking for.

Based on the photographs,  your breasts do sit somewhat low on your chest wall suggesting that breast augmentation surgery alone will leave you with larger ( but still low) breasts;  for many patients, this outcome would not be desirable.

For some patients considering breast lift surgery, the presence of scars are a “deal breaker”.  Other patients (if properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

I hope this, and the attached, helps.

Breast Augmentation With Or Without A Lift

+1

Based on your frontal photograph, it looks like your nipple/areola region and a good portion of your breast tissue are both significantly beneath your inframammary fold.  In all likelihood, performing an augmentation without a lift would give you only a modest improvement in your overall appearance.  In order to get the best aesthetic result, you will be better served with a combined augmentation/lift, the tradeoff will be additional scarring.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which option will suit your expectations.  Good luck! 

Mark Schwartz, MD