Do I Need a Lift or Will Implants Be Enough?

I am 21yr old mother of two,breast feed both. Use to be 36c and now am a small 34b. Looking to go to a 34dd. Will implants give me the fullness i want, as i would prefer not to have any more scars. I think i will be getting 450-500cc HP saline implants. Thanks!!!

Lift will give superior result

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you place a 500 cc implant you would end up a size G, which is too large.  Since you have had pregnancies and breast fed, you may have excess skin.  You may benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, elevate the breast higher on the chest wall and move them more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant high on the chest wall over the bony prominence will maximize projection and allow a smaller size implant.  The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  Unfortunately, at age 21 you can only have saline implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a lift?

+1

This is a very common question.  Unfortunately, every situation is different and a surgeon would need to examine you before making that decision.  If I were to guess, based on the fact that your breasts are smaller, an implant alone may be sufficient.  Often the implant can fill out the loose skin of the breast and raise the position of the nipple/areola.  If there is excess skin that cannot be compensated for by the placement of an implant, a breast lift will be necessary. 

Best of luck with your surgery and thank you for your question.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not to lift

+1

Your question is a great and often asked one.  There is no way to give you an answer to it, unfortunately, without at least photos.  A question like this should be given very careful consideration utilizing measurements and examination on an individualized basis.  You will want to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can help you decide what size and shape implant will best suit you, and if you can achieve the appearance you are hoping for without a lift.  Good luck, and congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Lift needed?

+1

It is not possible to give an opinion without photographs.  I would recommend a visit to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.  Implants do provide somewhat of a lift, but it may not be enough to compensate for a lift.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

The only way to get any form of reasonable response to this is with the addition of some photographs

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question but without photographs it is not possible to give you good advice. My best advice would be to select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work helping patients in your situation and communicate your goals carefully.

Do I need a lift?

+1

Thanks for your question.  Unfortunately, without photos or an exam there is no way to really answer your question with any certainty.  Please add some photos and we can try and give you an answer.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy needed or are breast implants enough?

+1

Without photos or an exam it is not possible to give you an opinion.  The equation for droop is too much skin, not enough breast tissue.  Sometimes an implant may help fill out the space.  Sometimes skin needs to be taken as well.  Sometimes one can do both at the same time.  Best to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Implants and result

+1

Without an exam I can not tell you for sure whether implants alone would be sufficient to give you the desired result.

Lift alone or implants

+1

without an examination no surgeon can help guide you. I would suggest you see board certified plastic surgeon to help. I personally like mod plus implants rather than HP as I think they look more natural. whether or not you would benefit from a lift as well to achieve a more natural look would be determined at the consultation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon