Lift or Implants Only?

trying to decide if i can get a implants with a desired look without implants? i want to add 300cc. my chest is 11 across? what should expect to see happend without a lift?

Breast augmentation and or breast lift

+1

From the photo you provided, I believe that a breast agmentation without a lift will be fine.  You could always consider a secondary breast lift in the future, but I don't think you have to have a lift right now to have a nice result. 

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift

+1

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. But it seems you are asking if you can get just breast augmentation or if you need breast augmentation with a lift. I would say from your photo that a breast augmentation by itself should be fine. If you wanted to get the nipples a little higher you could do a circumareolar lift but this of course would mean more scarring and I think the implant by itself would do the job.

David E. Kim, MD

Brest lift or breast implants?

+1

There is insufficient volume for a lift alone.  There is loose skin, but the breasts are small enough that I think that whatever hang persists after augmentation will be minimal.  If it proves to be troublesome, a lift can always be performed secondarily.  Given the small volume and ptosis of the breasts, I would recommend a "dual plane" technique for the implant allowing the lower tissue to redrape over the implant while still providing muscular coverage to prevent rippling and visibility in the upper half.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift or will implants alone help?

+1

From the photo that you provided, it appears that you have lost a fair amount of breast tissue following pregnancy.  If that is the case, while an implant alone may help restore some of that lost volume, there is no guarantee that it will help shape your breasts overall.

It would help to see photos with your arms down since that position allows your breasts to settle into their normal position and would allow physician reviewers to identify a more realistic appearance to your breasts.

That being said, my gut reaction is that you would benefit from a lift since it looks as if there was enough volume lost that an implant alone with most likely not get you the most optimal result.

I hope that helps and wish you the best of luck with your procedure!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Does Breast Implant placement eliminate the need for a breast lift?

+1

breast implants fill out the empty breast envelope but it does not lift the sagging breast. therefore, it is necessary to address breast sagging or ptosis separately at the time of breast augmentation.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Lift or implants

+1

Dear patient,

From the photograph you show it appears that you have lost breast volume either after childbearing or weight loss.  Because the volume of the breast is small I think a lift alone would likely not satisfy your goals.  It's difficult to tell just from the photograph but I think the 300 CC implant would give you the fullness that you're looking for.  I encourage you to meet with your surgeon and look at different implants sizers on your body to see how the balanc eis  with your hips and your frame in general.  Because  your nipples  are above the fold of the breast I would generally recommend volume enhancement in your situation rather than breast lift.

Sincerely,

Adam G. Tattelbaum M.D.

Board certified Plastic Surgeon

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon